PDA

View Full Version : Mount

cannydo
04-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi Guys
A bit baffled here I have BH 2.1.3 installed and the Plugin TSMedia I have mounted two usb sticks via the 2 ports on the back. I mounted them through Menu/Setup/ System/Device Manager and both show as mounted I even went via pressing Blue button twice and remounted. My problem is when I go to TSMedia Download location to choose a usb to download to it keeps coming up with (Nothing mounted at /autofs/sdb1) got me stumped I'm afraid any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

ozzsurf
04-12-2014, 03:51 PM
some usb's dont work if they are 2 big
my 8gb wont work my 4gb does

make a folder on the usb called movie

telnet mount make sure its on /dev/sdb1

cannydo
04-12-2014, 04:03 PM
I did have a 1tb drive which was recognized I downloaded movies onto this but since upgraded BH the box will not recognized it hence using 8gb sticks. Already made a folder on 1 stick called Movies but same result the other stick had epg on it so the box must be seeing that just TSMedia aint. To long ago since I used Telnet I have forgot all procedures as I use FTP to contact my box with DCC. So I would not know how to mount on Telnet I'm afraid but if there's a way via FTP I will attempt it.

ozzsurf
04-12-2014, 04:10 PM
start dcc click telnet
type mount
press enter

look for your usb on /dev/sdb1
if you cant see it its not mounted

the folder should be called movie
not movies

cannydo
04-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I did FTP to the box and under autofs folder the 2 sda1 were in there. Anyway I did as suggested with Telnet and it indicated the sticks were seen but the end statement is (shortname =mixed.errors=remount-ro) whatever that means hehe.

cannydo
04-12-2014, 04:24 PM
It also indicated they were vfat perhaps I should change the format??

ozzsurf
04-12-2014, 04:31 PM
no do this

plug usb into pc

Open the "Computer" window
Right-click on the usb click properties
Select the "Tools" tab
In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>
tick both boxes
click start

wait for it to finish

then try in solo again

cannydo
04-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks for your help by the way I am running Window 7 and it asked if I wanted to check for errors and fix it automatically. When finished entered into box (box recognises stick no files to show) went to TSMedia and it comes up the same??

ozzsurf
04-12-2014, 04:54 PM
back up the files on usb
format it on your box
then try again

like i said before my 8gb wont have it no matter what
4gb works

i have 500gb hdd so i hardly use usb

cannydo
04-12-2014, 05:13 PM
i will do that but I think I'll try it with my 1TB hardrive just a waste no using all that space Thanks again.

ozzsurf
04-12-2014, 05:14 PM
if that dont work try this

back up the files on usb

plug usb in to vu solo

make sure USB device is on /dev/sdb1
(telnet mount)

start dcc telnet

type

umount /dev/sdb1

hit enter

then type

mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1

hit enter

(wait for it to finish)

then type

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/hdd

hit enter

then ftp to
/etc/fstab

at the bottom of your fstab file

paste this in and save then reboot

/dev/sdb1 /mnt/hdd ext3 defaults 0 0

ozzsurf
04-12-2014, 05:49 PM
right had a play about
got 8gb usb working as above

mounting it as a hdd
even on reboot

so do that and it will work

the problem with the larger usb stick/drives
although usb seem only to work
if they are mounted as hdd

cannydo
05-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi again ozzsurf I did as you instructed in post 11 except this time I had my 8gb stick and my 1tb hd partitioned with the box. Mounted via Device Manager they show mounted went to DCC Telnet entered mount and both showing error at the end of the strings. I proceeded anyway to umount error return not found I went back to FTP looked in the autofs folder and attributes were not 755 so I changed redone all test and still the same. I'm thinking of surrendering until the next image update because it's only started when I upgraded to 2.1.3 BH.
Thanks again for your help