PDA

View Full Version : Tuner/recording Problem

davecabezo
06-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I think I'm running BH 1.11 but forgotten how to get the info on the box, however the problem is with recording and wanting to watch a different channel, in short I can't the tuner reports virtually no signal. I have 2 X 4way diseqc switches on 4 dishes each one exactly the same configuration and have set the tuners to Simple config. Is this correct and has anyone any idea why i have this problem

Regards

Dave

davecabezo
06-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Since posting I've found the BH version, it's 2.11. I've rebooted the box and still having problems, I'm now trying to record NUFC on BT1 SD here in Tenerife but cannot get a signal on either BT1 or BT2 this is strange as all other Sky channels are fine, showing 60-65% signal but BT now only 20-25 very puzzling.

Dave

Mickha
06-12-2014, 03:53 PM
I've noticed if you're recording one encrypted channel, with the later Black Hole images, other encryted channels will not open, yet it works on the earlier Black Hole 2.10.
But this doesn't explain your signal problem, this sounds more like a hardware problem, dish/Lnb, cable, or even your Diseqc switch. The only way to solve this is to try running a cable, from the problem dish/lnb directly to your receiver, if this works normally then try switching Diseqc switches.
If the signal is still low then check your dish alignment or try a different LNB.

ozzsurf
06-12-2014, 06:10 PM
you can try the advanced config mode

all dishes are static/fixed ?

you have 2x4 way Diseqc switches

one going to lnb input A

and another going to lnb input B

if thats right ?

go to tuner A advanced config mode

lnb 1
pick a sat
Diseqc 1.1
committed Diseqc command AA

the rest like in pic

save that then go back in

lnb 2
pick a sat
Diseqc 1.1
committed Diseqc command AB

save

back in again

lnb 3
pick a sat
Diseqc 1.1
committed Diseqc command BA

save

back in again

lnb 4
pick a sat
Diseqc 1.1
committed Diseqc command BB

save

go to tuner B advanced config mode

and do the same for the other 4 way Diseqc switch

thats how i have my 4 way Diseqc switch setup
except the last port on BB i have my motor on usals Diseqc 1.2

davecabezo
06-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Many thanks Guys

Will have a go tomorrow and report back. But Mickha probably has the answer as it did work OK previously.

Do I really need to go back to 2.10 or is there an upgrade to 2.11 that works. I did notice somewhere that 2.12 or 2.13 may have rectified the problem.

Is this correct

Many thanks Dave

Mickha
06-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I tried Black Hole 2.11 and 2.12, with the same problem.
Someone did post that it might be a problem with the cams, and suggested trying 230, currently I've tried only 4 cams, 211, 213, 214 and 221.

Black Hole 2.14 has just been released, for other models, it was previously only available for the new receiver.

DCG
06-12-2014, 08:03 PM
uploaded now here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169764-Black-Hole-2-1-4​&p=921437#post921437

davecabezo
06-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Just looked at your link and all I can say is HELP

There's obviously a problem with my BH image but what do I do in plain English to solve it.
Go to 2.12 or 2.13 or the new 2.14. OR go back to my previous image 2.10?

Hope you can help

Regards

Dave

echelon
06-12-2014, 09:48 PM
I would backup your current image first

then backup the cccam cfg file and channel list etc as well, and make a note of all plugins

then install the latest image and try it, if that fails, go to 2.10 , especially if you have already backed up 2.10 as an image already

Mickha
07-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Just tried something partly suggested on other forums, and it's now working, with Black Hole 2.14.
First, as suggested, I updated my VU+ firmware, to the latest image, 2.1, click on the Dowload links on the left.
I'm using a VU+ Duo 2, so selected that.

http://code.vuplus.com/

Once downloaded, and installed, same as installing any image, I loaded Black Hole 2.14.
Once installation, and my backup was loaded, I used FTP to load CCcam 2.30, uploaded by dumnonia:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161009-Vu-Plus-community-BH-oe2-emus-(2013)-(2014)

By transferring it to my tmp folder then activating it by pressing green, followed by orange, and selecting manually install ipk package, this takes a few seconds so be patient.

Once done I edited the CCcam.cfg file, to insert lines, saved it, then went back to my receiver, set up Tuner B, selected Cam 2.30, by pressing the Blue button, selected it by pressing OK, then started recording and tested other channels, and so far it's working.

It might work just by loading cam 2.30, but as it's now working, and I've already updated the VU+ official image, I can't test this.

davecabezo
21-12-2014, 11:28 AM
I've now got BH 2.14 and it works no problem but I cannot get my EPG to work. I can manually download the EPG and it works fine but I cannot get the EPG to save automatically onto my Usb stick even though it's recognised
The path for the EPG stated on the Duo is /autofs/sdbt//epg.dat. Is this correct or how do I alter the path. The USB is permanently mounted on one of the rear USB Slots

Regards

Dave

echelon
21-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I dont have 2.14 yet (still on 2.12) , BUT that epg path looks incorrect to me

on my duo and bh 2.12 crossepg is set to use the usb stick, and the warning tells you it wont be seen if the stick is in read only mode or autofs mode

your path mentions autofs , so clearly its that aspect causing your trouble

the warning tells you to check its mounted and formatted correctly (plus I would say it needs to be in the back of the box, so not any of the front usb sockets at all)

mine is in a rear usb socket

mine was mounted and formatted on the box itself (not on a pc)

so double check that usb stick

rear socket
mounted correctly
and formatted by the box

then check the config for crossepg is USB STICK

I believe my tutorial stickies mentioned mounting and formatting the stick for crossepg use

davecabezo
24-12-2014, 11:13 AM
I've eventually sorted the EPG problem but I've now got an even more annoying problem. The STB will not switch on from standby, after being in standby over night, via the STB button on the remote. I have to power off/on from the mains then the box responds to the remote and goes into/out of standy. Even though the box wont respond to the stb button it recognizes it because the green light appears on the display when the button is pressed. After the box has rebooted it works OK via the remote but as mentioned if the box is in standby for a long period it wont.
I've been through the Menu's but cannot find anything to solve the problem I've got, the only mention of the stb button is for shut down or standby modes

Anyone any ideas of what I can try next

Frustrated

Dave