PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 9000HD Signal Problems

Confidentcolin
10-12-2014, 11:18 PM
having problem with signal, keeps coming up no signal on most sats. Sometimes it fine for an hour or so then drops signal then comes back on a few minutes later. Now seems to be happening a lot more. Anyone got any help or advise please ???

echelon
10-12-2014, 11:20 PM
could be due to the weather here in the uk

check your usals is set correctly and optimise it by checking it in 0.1 steps in longitude , choosing the highest signal and quality and comparing it to your gps location

Confidentcolin
10-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the advise
I'm a bit of a novice with this box, but I have tried that and nothing. It appears biggest problem is hotbird

echelon
10-12-2014, 11:43 PM
you really need to check your dish alignment and motor alignment is correct, in relation to your gps usals location and how the dish and motor travel the arc

given the bad weather, its likely it needs realigning and optimising , using spanners etc

Confidentcolin
11-12-2014, 12:08 AM
I think I need an expert who is local to me to come check it out. Do we have any experts in the Wiltshire area ??

Aldo
11-12-2014, 01:18 AM
So how long has this situation been going on, could it be that the tuner is on it's way out, as it is an old receiver, and you have said it has been going on for some time, so maybe it's not down to the current bad weather or the dish alignment as echelon has stated, could you please give more info as to how long you have had this problem, did you buy this receiver new or have you recently bought it second hand. ???

Confidentcolin
11-12-2014, 09:30 AM
It has been several months really on an and off, I have had this for a couple of years now.

Confidentcolin
24-12-2014, 09:51 AM
So now I have changed the box to another spiderbox and still having same issue. So now I'm guessing I have problem with LNB or Motor ? Or both any suggestions please ?

Roadrunner
24-12-2014, 10:45 AM
yes, Read post number 4 again ;)
Since you have changed the box and problem remains,it must be due to your dish not being aligned properly (not following the arc properly meaning you are nearly there on some sats and way off on others)

captainglassback
24-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Is the cable OK? Are there any joins in it? Might there be a bit of moisture in there? It doesn't take much. I once ran a fresh length of quality cable and it solved my 'odd' and intermittent problems! If putting up new cable consider a rubber boot / silicone grease over the F plug.

echelon
24-12-2014, 11:36 AM
as I said wayyyyyy back in this thread, nothing will change until the dish and motor alignment have been checked and adjusted for optimum signal

due to the severe weather we get at times I usually have to tweak and reset mine about 3 times a year and mine must have moved at least 1 degree this year as I have had to alter my usals longitude, so mine needs a slight tweak although its nothing major

you could have the best box money can buy, but if the dish alignment is out giving poor signals it makes no difference how good the box is

so get it checked and also have the cable checked for any faults too

remember this ditty

cr*p in = cr*p out