PDA

View Full Version : Updating image.

rob588cliff
14-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I'm still using Vix 3.0, I would love to update to a newer version however, I'm worried if I get something wrong I will end it with a useless box !!

Is there a step by step guide to help with updating Vix3.0 to the latest Vix image?
What is the latest Vix image ?
Is the 'image backup' that I've taken from my current set-up the same as a PC image backup that will put everything back to normal if I have a problem ?

Thanks.

echelon
14-12-2014, 08:23 PM
there is an option in the main menu to update the vix image and any addons etc

just make sure you have backed it up , including ftp,ing your configs and channel list etc to your pc

when you back up your image it will be customised with your own settings and plugins, so no it wont be the same as the stock download images you usually install when obtained from the web

standard practice on an initial install is to download the latest vix image off the web, install it from usb, then perform the upgrade from the menu

so in your case , check what its on now, the update probably tells you what it will be when finished, plus a google search will probably reveal the latest image version from the openvix website

rob588cliff
15-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Thanks. I think Zeus is the latest Vix image I need to go for.

Does anyone know if you can sort channel names automatically A-Z within a bouquet when using Zeus ? You couldn't do this using Vix 3.0 and I always found this a real pain.

Thanks.

Burnham
15-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Zeus is quite an old image, ViX is now on Apollo 098 (or higher).

You would be better loading the very latest image, that does open up the full services of the ViX server, which allows you to download all the addons you might need without any fuss.

If stuck post again.