PDA

View Full Version : advice please

EXTRAFACTO
15-12-2014, 11:35 AM
hi guys...this is not for me,but a friend who is battering my head in about it
i got this guy a spider 6000hd...which after i set it up etc...he is more than pleased with
now this guy is not computer/satalite box savvy...so spider been easy to use etc suits him fine
now some guy who he works with has been telling him about xbmc boxs...or should i say boxs that xbmc can run on
so my question is
in your opion which is best box to get him...(his work friend told him m8 box)
is it worth him having one....ie he has a spider he is very happy with
i am asking this because its me who will be setting it up and getting all the headaches
he loves the spider6000 which he is keeping...but now got it in his head he needs one of these
all advice appriciated...thanks in advance
the workmate in question...lives to far away for him to sort out
because,that was my first answer...ask the guy who told you about this set it up for you

cannydo
15-12-2014, 12:06 PM
It really depends what he wants the xbmc box for if it's movies he wants or more movies than his spider can give him? Then in my opinion stick to the spider xbmc will show cam jobs not the best of quality.
The spider team on the other hand will not give you an IPTV link to a cam much better by far. I have a spider and a linux box with xbmc on it although good for other stuff the likes of Youtube and the rest it is in my opinion tell him to keep his money in his pocket.

EXTRAFACTO
15-12-2014, 12:32 PM
that is basically what i had alkready told him...
the spider fullfills all his needs and more
but now i can show him this...so its not just my opion
cheers

Roadrunner
15-12-2014, 12:39 PM
He can always get a linx7 tablet (running a full version of windows 8.1) install XBMC on it and have it permanently hooked up to the TV . ITs an arrangement that I am testing here atm, and so far it works well. For about 60 quid you can have and all round PC with an added bonus of IPTV player + all the windows apps (its a fully operational windows tablet PC after all) bought @ ******* for 59.99 (was voted super hot on hotukdeal)

echelon
15-12-2014, 02:12 PM
also consider the android MX2 black box with xbmc - there are several forums that can help him deal with it if he googles them, but he will have to bear in mind that any xbmc solution requires WORK and RESEARCH by the owner , its never just plug and play, or fit and forget

as well as xbmc, the apps like showbox and mobdro can also be installed and used, plus many other android apps from the play store and elsewhere (a free gmail account is required for this)

seagate1
15-12-2014, 02:52 PM
also consider the android MX2 black box with xbmc - there are several forums that can help him deal with it if he googles them, but he will have to bear in mind that any xbmc solution requires WORK and RESEARCH by the owner , its never just plug and play, or fit and forget

as well as xbmc, the apps like showbox and mobdro can also be installed and used, plus many other android apps from the play store and elsewhere (a free gmail account is required for this)

thanks ech, ive gave up with android mx2 the x7. i have 3 different versions of xbmc on pc windows 7. i would sooner use the zero. instead of m8 around £90 to £110 off your man. thanks jmo.

sorry about mistake and thank you nml.

forest
29-12-2014, 10:45 PM
hi
I need some basic help my brother was given a xbmc android device to enable him to watch live t/v without an aerial/dish and at 1st he had add ons installed which he is happy with but originally he also had a section for selecting various live u/k tv channels which worked ok but 2 days later this option disappeared just vanished off the box.
He still has the live tv section displayed on the main bar but when selected it gives nothing. is there any way of getting this box/system to open live uk tv?
his system displays as " Openlec ". I am interested in getting a system to watch live tv without need for aerial or dish. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

shiva
29-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Hi forest, It maybe the addon may need updating.1st make sure the addons are enabled and updated. I Have also had the same problem but there are similar channels that you can view via Navi-X (Program Addon). If you don't have Navi-X then i recommend you get it. There are some good video tutorials on youtube to help you on this matter as it did for me! Hope this helps!

echelon
30-12-2014, 12:09 AM
might be worth googling for the fusion plugin as it probably needs installing to get those xbmc addons working again

try here too
_http://forums.tvaddons.ag

forest
30-12-2014, 12:17 PM
hi
thanks for responses my bro has been told that and I quote " the live tv ribbon option has been taken off by default " end quote.
He has been informed of possible fix but several others have said the fix is not stable and not to download it.
Obviously he and I are happy to see all the various add on choices but primarily having the live tv direct on the main bar was his reason for going down this route.
Neither of us are gadget literate as you have probably guessed lol.
cheers