PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson fbox 2

Roadrunner
16-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Looks like a nice allround media box for the money (less than 70 quid)
running on 4.4 kitkat with all the goodies included (preinstalled xbmc too).
Android 4.4 KitKat
ARM® Cortex™-A7 Quad-Core CPU
Wireless, gyroscopic remote
HDMI 1.4
Ethernet + built-in Wi-Fi 2.4G 802.11b/g/n
USB PORT
SD / Micro SD SLOT
USB OTG
http://i59.tinypic.com/dzz0y1.jpg
Google for one if you are interested as I can't see it at sponsors ,looks better value and spec than the Mag
Not trying to pitch someone elses product, just found it interesting, that's all

holmroad
17-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Yes, very tempting - got an email from a well known site/supplier this morning advertising this for £59.99!

Roadrunner
17-12-2014, 01:07 AM
Lol, got an email too.. perhaps I am not as good a customer coz my offer was for 69.99:D (to protest the unfair treatment I wont be buying ;) Its a good piece of kit nonetheless

holmroad
18-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Lol, got an email too.. perhaps I am not as good a customer coz my offer was for 69.99:D (to protest the unfair treatment I wont be buying ;) Its a good piece of kit nonetheless

Yes you are quite correct mate - it WAS £69.99 - its me old memory failing me - yet AGAIN!! lol!!

Roadrunner
18-12-2014, 02:44 PM
I was quite serious about me not being a good customer of theirs though.. Never bought anything from them :D To be fair on them its a good shop with excellent value products (would probably visit if I needed to buy gear that our sponsor doesn't stock.) For what I need I am extremely happy with the service that LEE provides us with ( and several friends of mine that I gently pushed towards Goldwaffers whenever they needed to buy something)

holmroad
19-12-2014, 01:15 AM
As long as they stock what I want, I would always ask Lee for the best deal he can do, as he's a REAL gem, always SO helpful!
Cheers Lee.

heyho
19-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Do you see the market for this box as basically turning a TV into a Smart TV. Or given it has XBMC capabilities could it, with an attached hard drive (which I presume is external) or SD card, become a fully functioning media server.

Reason I ask is that I have a couple of Squeezebox's connected to my PC which runs Logitech Media Server. One of the Squeezebox's is getting long in the tooth and I was considering building a Raspberry Pi replacement. But something like this may do the trick.

Nikkas
19-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Probably a better choice than a 'smart' TV unless TV makers are going to ensure regular updates keep coming to firmware which experience tells me just will not happen coz their only interest is stuffing their pockets.

£70 for a TV stick in a bigger box....hmmmmmm. Not for me & not at that price but for someone who is looking for a quick 'smart' tv type solution it is definitely worthy of consideration. Especially if you are an Android fan and can keep family members off Candy Crush. :D

voyager1972
19-12-2014, 12:49 PM
basically these are just the same as the chinese mx boxes ,,,which i have 2 of....they work great + there are a few android apps with great movies and tv shows available on the net that would put netfli* and ama**n prime to shame " with the added bonus of being free ".
a great addition to any tv "smart or not "