PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Billymcbunn
17-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi folks. My first ever forum! First, as I am a forum virgin, I might be a bit clueless and/or clumsy. Please be gentle with me. Being serious, if I do say or do something wrong, let me apologise in advance, please let me know (reasonably) politely.

Im computer semi-literate, I know the things I know, and I don't know the rest, so if I do ask stupid questions, please bear with me. Given time, I may even be able to help other users, who knows.

One thing I will say, my life is a bit messy at the minute, so if I take ages to respond to a comment, again, I apologise in advance. As they say, My life isn't my own at the minute!

As for my reason for joining, Im about to buy a Vu plus duo 2, Im looking at getting the best out of it, but Im clueless!

Black Hole seems to be the boot of choice, so Im going for that, I believe the latest version is 1.1.0.

Then I want to access additional channels, (sky movies, sport etc) and that's where I fall down.

If anyone is stil reading this and would like to point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, Hello. Bit early but Seasons Greetings too!

echelon
17-12-2014, 10:34 PM
hello m8, welcome to the forum

and please read the rules as well, especially the part about sly and c*rd sharing taboos

as for the vu , the current image is the bh 2.14 and possibly v 2.15 soon

there are other images as well, like open vix etc , but BH is popular

so please read our VU and Dreambox sections, and SETTINGS for E2 section as well, as all are relevant

read the tutorials and start slowly

ideally get a couple of usb sticks, one for programming from the front and one for the back for picons and epg data etc

ideally an internal HDD is also a good idea, even if you fitted it yourself

post any VU DUO 2 questions in the VU DUO 2 help forum here

regards