PDA

View Full Version : where to get 1 metre dish to suit stab motor?

cutain
20-12-2014, 12:15 PM
hi all I currently have 80cm perforated dish used with stab moter and ground mounted on a scaffold pole.

the dish is set up correctly, but will not give me a good enough signal for 16e.

so I would like a bigger dish say 1 metre, but preferably lightweight the ones I have googled seem to be solid and would be too heavy for my stab moter, or is there a fibreglass option.

doesn't look like goldwafers sell dishes?

thank you

den123
20-12-2014, 12:43 PM
hi search for a Gilbertini dish

light and brill

mdt
20-12-2014, 04:39 PM
gibertini OP100L and a inverto black ultra lnbf will give you a cracking system for about £90... the triax td110 is more popular and performs roughly the same but is pressed steel and slightly heavier. regards mdt

echelon
20-12-2014, 04:53 PM
I have the triax TD110 and can confim its a solid dish and heavy , mine is on a dark motor but used to be on a stab until the gearing wore out causing too much play on that stab , no problems on my dark motor though

you will have to use google for suppliers, unless somebody sends you a pm

cutain
20-12-2014, 06:38 PM
thanks all for info gilbertini is about £99+lnb triax app £60+lnb I can see the gilbertini would be lighter than triax.

I have found a perforated dish 1.1 that's cheap at (system s*t dir*ct) that might be ok I will contact retailer for more info.

echelon my stab moter must be about 13 years old still working , but is there a link to the dark moter in case I go for a heavier dish or need to replace stab?

thank you all

JOE.MADDISON
20-12-2014, 07:46 PM
click on support our sponsor at top of page....£39.99

digicon
20-12-2014, 08:43 PM
also worth considering the Orbital 1m Aluminium version which is very light and should last years and is far cheaper than the Gilbertini.

DCG
20-12-2014, 08:55 PM
thanks all for info gilbertini is about £99+lnb triax app £60+lnb I can see the gilbertini would be lighter than triax.

I have found a perforated dish 1.1 that's cheap at (system s*t dir*ct) that might be ok I will contact retailer for more info.

echelon my stab moter must be about 13 years old still working , but is there a link to the dark moter in case I go for a heavier dish or need to replace stab?

thank you all

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Supreme-Intelligent-Dark-Motor-with-LED-Display-and-Metal-Gears-DiSEqC-1.2-USALS-Satellite-Dish-Motor.html

cutain
21-12-2014, 08:51 PM
thanks all for info, I could not locate a new orbital alu dish, but found a gillbertini 1 metre in Germany £70 with postage new dish from manufacturer (just hope its complete with all bracketry etc) have ordered a inverto black ultra lnb (dual feed)

decided to go with a known brand of dish rather than than something else.

thanks for moter info at gw.

wont get dish etc till January will post again when set up and running.