PDA

View Full Version : vu+duo and hardrive problem

tad
20-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I have a vu+duo fitted with internal wd 1t hard drive. I have format the hard drive recorded few programmes and everthing is ok, but when I switch the box off from main switch and back on again, the vu does not recognise the hardrive, which means I have to reformatt the hardrive everytime I switch my vu on, witch means loosing all my programs. Any suggestions would be greatful.

echelon
20-12-2014, 08:57 PM
duo ? or duo 2 ?

you said duo but have posted in the duo 2 forum, not the duo forum

you have not mentioned the image or its version number either

tad
20-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Sorry standard vu+duo with latest blacKhoLe image.

echelon
20-12-2014, 11:30 PM
so a DUO with BH214

moved to the duo forum

tad
20-12-2014, 11:39 PM
vu+duo and hardrive problem

I have a*vu+duo fitted with internal wd 1t hard drive. I have format the hard drive recorded few programmes and everthing is ok, but when I switch the box off from main switch and back on again, the*vu*does not recognise the hardrive, which means I have to reformatt the hardrive everytime I switch my*vu*on, witch means loosing all my programs. Any suggestions would be greatful.******

Sorry standard*vu+duo with latest blacKhoLe image

DCG
20-12-2014, 11:52 PM
try keeping to the same post and not reposting plz

Mickha
21-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Have you tried re-mounting the hard drive, via the menu options, or isn't it recognized at all?
If you have another SATA hard drive I'd try that, just to see where the problem lies.
How are you switching the VU+ Duo off?

tad
21-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Yes. Tried unmounted it and reconnect it reformat it. I usually switch it to stanby then off on mains, due to safty reasons. I will invest another hardrive tomorrow to see whether its a sata issue. Had had this problem on my vu+solo2 briefly, then all was well. Will let you know tomorrow how i get on. Thanks for your concern mickha.

zola25
21-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Yes. Tried unmounted it and reconnect it reformat it. I usually switch it to stanby then off on mains, due to safty reasons. I will invest another hardrive tomorrow to see whether its a sata issue. Had had this problem on my vu+solo2 briefly, then all was well. Will let you know tomorrow how i get on. Thanks for your concern mickha.

If you are going to switch it off at the mains you should put into deep standby first otherwise its just the same as pulling a plug on a pc when the screen is dimmed

tad
21-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Cheers mate will try.

tad
21-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Ah! Found the problem. My micro usb for storing epg guide is affecting my hardrive but dont know way round it. Restarted vu without micro usb, went in to my recorded files on hdd and there they were. For some reason my micro usb is taking priority from my hdd. Anyone had the same problem? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Mickha
22-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Change the mounting, of your USB stick, I think the hard drive is /media/hdd, ensure your USB is different.

echelon
22-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Change the mounting, of your USB stick, I think the hard drive is /media/hdd, ensure your USB is different.

agreed

just checked my mountpoints on my duo running bh2.12

hdd is

mount:/media/hdd
device:/dev/sda1

and rear mounted usb stick (mounted and formatted by the duo, not a pc)

mount:/media/usb
device:/dev/sdb1

tad
22-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Ok cheers will try after work. I,l let you know how I get on.

tad
22-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Thank you guys. Much appreciated job done. May I wish you all a merry Christmas.