PDA

View Full Version : motor problems

ian_t_baxter
29-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Hi

I've got a tm motor which has been on the side of the house for about 5 years. Last week it stopped travelling past 19e. 28e, 23e & 19e are fine but cant find hotbird or anything further west of 19e.

I have this problem with both my dm800 or vu+ duo2 powering it via USAL. I've also tried changing the coax between motor and receiver without any luck. If I try to move the dish manually using the buttons on the motor it move fine until it gets to 19e and then it stops. Disconnected the coax going to the LNB too and same problem.

It it time to replace the motor ? How come it moves fine to a certain point and then stops?

Cheers
Ian

echelon
29-12-2014, 03:30 PM
check or reset the motor east and west limits , maybe its been inadvertently locked to a certain point on the east or west side (19 east from your description)

ian_t_baxter
29-12-2014, 03:34 PM
check or reset the motor east and west limits , maybe its been inadvertently locked to a certain point on the east or west side (19 east from your description)

Thanks echelon. Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I set the motor limits? Is this done on the satellite receiver ? If I'm not sure this will work because I tried two different receivers and have the same problem on both.

Ian

echelon
29-12-2014, 03:38 PM
I think your motor has had the east and west limits set , especially the one at say 19e, so all needs resetting , so I would imagine this can be done on either receiver

you will have to check the box menus or manuals on resetting the east and west limits , especially on a linux box as I assume each image is different but be assured it will be somewhere in the menus on the tuner setup section on either box (or try a bespoke box and try resetting the motor limits using it, maybe to say 30w and 42e)

ian_t_baxter
29-12-2014, 03:43 PM
That was the problem..... I've removed the limits.

echelon you are a legend :respect-069:

Thanks a lot

Ian