PDA

View Full Version : Bought another box not sure about IKS

chopper1
02-01-2015, 09:10 PM
hi guys,
i bought another hd 6000 box from **** for a friend which is supposed to be new but the seller said it has no gift channels?
he has not been posted yet but i wanted the IKS gift channels, if the worst happens and i have to keep it can i buy & put a cline on it and it will work o another persons IP address or only my IP address?
many thanks

echelon
02-01-2015, 09:40 PM
it will need patching once its been received, with the july 2014 firmware

then you can check the iks and register it and check the expiry date

it will then also work with any sea lion , at any ip address

if you wanted a cast iron guarantee, then you should use goldwafers !

cornishlen
02-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Providing the cline is only being used by one person on one receiver, it does not matter where it is located as long as they have internet access.

cornishlen.

Aldo
02-01-2015, 09:59 PM
" i bought another hd 6000 box from **** for a friend which is supposed to be new but the seller said it has no gift channels? "

It could be that the receiver is over 12 months old, and will therefore have NO Gift channels, as the Gift will have expired.

chopper1
02-01-2015, 10:53 PM
thanks for the replies, this is what the sellers listing was below

"brand new in box just opened box and tested
Fully working
Can be return in 7 days with buyer's cost"

cosworth4x4
02-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Always makes me laugh , its brand new why would you open it to test ?

more like they used it , still looks like new.

chopper1
02-01-2015, 11:07 PM
it will not be positive feedback he gets from me if the gift does not work !!!!

cosworth4x4
02-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Youre first post states , it has no gift so why give him neg feedback for the item he has told you has no gift ???

if it updates and works all well and good , but if it dont you was told beforehand.

Roadrunner
02-01-2015, 11:42 PM
It could be that the seller didn't know what the gift is. And the boxes are being sold as FTA boxes anyway It is the patching and activating the patch that makes them do what they do. It may still turn out to be all OK for you and the seller just opened the box, didn't know what to do with it so he packed it up again and listed on leabay. As for the feedback I also think it would be unfair to leave the negative feedback.

chopper1
02-01-2015, 11:44 PM
i would'nt leave negative feedback unless the item did not work at all
there is the neutral option

Aldo
02-01-2015, 11:45 PM
" Can be return in 7 days with buyer's cost "

Try it and if no gift is available, then return it, then at least you can get a receiver from Goldwafers with the Gift channels available.

cosworth4x4
03-01-2015, 12:05 AM
i would'nt leave negative feedback unless the item did not work at all
there is the neutral option

Neutral is still not really fair if no gift, as listed.

if item did not work at all then neg of course.

but if it dont work at all return at sellers cost.

JOE.MADDISON
03-01-2015, 12:29 AM
you could join the vas.. forum pay £50 FOR A k.y,but goldwafers new would have been a lot cheaper

Roadrunner
03-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Just out of curiosity, I found the listing and its from a seller that previously sold four other boxes at this price. The box is from an older batch as its remote doesn't have the IPTV printed on the button like the new ones have and the box looks well worn (all the film removed and fingered all over the place (not quite what it should look like if it was just 'tested' and repacked??.All in all it doesn't look too promising

terry l
03-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Return it and get one from lee...

satscene
03-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Hi J,

check the firmware date, its under "System Info"........... all new ones come through as `May 2014` now.

R.

EDITED BY ADMIN DUE TO RULE BREAKING

Aldo
03-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi J,

check the firmware date, its under "System Info"........... all new ones come through as `May 2014` now.

R.

EDITED BY ADMIN DUE TO RULE BREAKING

Not quite correct, some of the latest receivers come with the july 2014 firmware installed as blackdevil pointed out in an earlier thread

satscene
03-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Not quite correct, some of the latest receivers come with the july 2014 firmware installed as blackdevil pointed out in an earlier thread

You mean straight from the production line?

echelon
03-01-2015, 02:05 PM
I had to edit that post due to rule breaking, so any context may have been lost

the point here is people have their own experiences, some of which are not allowed to be discussed on here , hence why any context was edited out

a new one that is untouched should arrive with may 2014 factory firmware installed , what happens after that is down to the owner of the box after it was received, be it a dealer or a private buyer

I wont be allowing any debate on this subject, it is what it is , so should have one of those 2 dates on it , (or an older date if other patched firmware was installed by an owner)

people will have to make up their own minds on this topic, because discussions of that nature or of CS will not be allowed and will be edited or removed

if anyone wants an untouched, original and new box, contact goldwafers !!