PDA

View Full Version : proxy servers

jrbmw
08-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Got kodi on my vu duo but not many of the addons work.I assume its becaues the urls are blocked in the uk
Is there a rule of thumb what files the urls are in where they can be changed for a proxy server

Regards jrbmw

todray1
08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Got kodi on my vu duo but not many of the addons work.I assume its becaues the urls are blocked in the uk
Is there a rule of thumb what files the urls are in where they can be changed for a proxy server

Regards jrbmw

Hi jrbmw
I had the same problem a lot of the yank site are blocked to uk & eire. I use GHOST 5 (https:// cyberghostvpn.com) A brilliant site and has a free to use also a paid install I would advise try the free one first then if you like it . Upgrade to the paid one. The free one only has limited vpn's and when the yanks start to come on line all the spaces fill up. Try it I'm sure you will like it

jrbmw
08-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Hi jrbmw
I had the same problem a lot of the yank site are blocked to uk & eire. I use GHOST 5 (https:// cyberghostvpn.com) A brilliant site and has a free to use also a paid install I would advise try the free one first then if you like it . Upgrade to the paid one. The free one only has limited vpn's and when the yanks start to come on line all the spaces fill up. Try it I'm sure you will like it

Hi todray1 I have the proxys set up already I just need to know what files the urls are in to change to the proxys

Nikkas
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Just change the default urls that are blocked to ones that are unblocked (i.e. your proxy address), e.g 1Channel
System > Settings > Addons > 1Channel > Configure - under the website tab you can enter custom domain or edit the default.

jrbmw
08-01-2015, 07:53 PM
This version of kodi is on my vu duo and doesent have them settings...I will have to ftp and edit the files

todray1
09-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Hi Again,
With Ghost 5 you do not need to change it does it all for you just push a button and that's it. Simple as that, got to be easy for me to use.
Good luck.

chalkster
09-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Hi registered on ghost5 site and now am an official "goshtie" How do I get this to work on tsmedia installed on my dm800se I am running pli image and tsmedia 8 I want to open 1channel movies and movies 25

davet
09-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi if any of you guys are looking to get a vpn like ghost 5 have a look on e-b-a-y there a guy selling CyberGhost 5 VPN Special Edition for £5
had mine for about two months now

jrbmw
09-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Setting up a vpn on the computer is easy with the software but getting it on the satbox and router is not ...

mrdude
14-01-2015, 05:16 PM
This version of kodi is on my vu duo and doesent have them settings...I will have to ftp and edit the files

Actually your vu duo 2 does have those settings - it's called the context menu - and if you have a look at some of my posts you will see how you can add that feature so your remote for the duo has the connect menu added to it, that way you can configure your plugins properly without messing about.

jrbmw
15-01-2015, 07:33 AM
I have the vu duo ....not the duo2