PDA

View Full Version : Image advice please..

loop-guru
28-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Hello all.. Blimey it's been a long time...

I've been asked to flash a DM-8000 with an image that can provide the following spec. Access to email and a web browser via the Dreambox. Not sure if this is possible but they'd like to be able to view pictures stored on a MAC from the Dreambox as well. Done a bit of reading but I'm well rusty on this kind of stuff.. At the moment I'm just messing around with OpenPLi and Blackhole and just seeing what ipk files I can find but everything seems old.. CS is not required so not bothered about that.. A Media player like XBMC might be handy but only for storing pictures and home made stuff.

Any pointers would be cool..

Hi to all the old guys..

Loop.

passete
28-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Try Newnigma 2
http://board.newnigma2.to/wbb3/index.php?page=DownloadDBView&categoryID=9

loop-guru
28-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Ah thanks bud.. that looks like a contender I was just looking at adding GP3 but it doesn't look like I need it with this.. I'll give it a whirl.. Thanks

Loop.

saintomer1866
28-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Yes that seems to be the image of choice for the 8000 so worth giving it a go
your not going to get the full blown xbmc on the 8000 though as it's only available for the top end vu's
but you could give PCD's latest version a go, which now uses unmodified xbmc addons

nice to see your still about, been a while ;)

brain
01-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Just noticed this thread - agree with Passete over image - all runs well. I dont know how out of date I am but probably light years but have been using Servio on my Mac for a couple of years and it runs music,films and pictures quite easily via 8000, but then someone is going to say I am way our of date!! LOL Brain