PDA

View Full Version : losing channels after updating VIX

icky
08-02-2015, 11:49 AM
New to the scene, just acquired a duo2.
Set up vix and running okay after a few headaches.
My question is that when I do a software update when the green light is flashing I have to rescan again each time due to losing the premium channels.
Can anyone help please.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikkas
08-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Nice first post. :D

No idea why a software update would wipe your channels? Maybe Pheonix could pitch in with her expertise in this area with some profound insight. Sounds like another mean ViX trick to me, especially if you had Catseye's Settings loaded. :D

As a fellow DUO2 owner, if it were me, I'd be sticking OpenATV's XBMC edition on it. I know for a fact that everything is working well and software updates do not wipe channel lists. One can even install & configure stuff like CrossEPG, XMLimport........etc to ones own liking.

As you are new to the scene why not check out some of the superb backup images that are available for this great receiver. Look for the ones done by a penguin with a red hat. :respect-050:

If you need pointers just drop me a PM.

DCG
08-02-2015, 10:18 PM
I think he needs more post to pm you lol

pheonix
11-02-2015, 02:34 AM
Nice first post. :D

No idea why a software update would wipe your channels? Maybe Pheonix could pitch in with her expertise in this area with some profound insight. Sounds like another mean ViX trick to me, especially if you had Catseye's Settings loaded. :D

As a fellow DUO2 owner, if it were me, I'd be sticking OpenATV's XBMC edition on it. I know for a fact that everything is working well and software updates do not wipe channel lists. One can even install & configure stuff like CrossEPG, XMLimport........etc to ones own liking.

As you are new to the scene why not check out some of the superb backup images that are available for this great receiver. Look for the ones done by a penguin with a red hat. :respect-050:

If you need pointers just drop me a PM.

Typical ViX hating bollocks from you.

The update procedure in ViX does not and never has removed any channel settings, not even the catseyes settings (they were simply removed from the image feeds because he hid advertising in them). as for ATV it's based directly on the ViX image core and shares about 95 percent of the same code as ViX.

choudrigul
16-02-2015, 03:06 PM
hello
did you you update you should get your channels
if you put new image should always make backup

icky
28-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Problem seems to have sorted itself after doing a software update.
Thanks to all who replied.