PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 Won't Boot

Scream
08-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Yesterday I went to watch a recording and up popped an error screen stating software error and to send a log file to...

Restarted box, and tried to play another recording and the same thing happened. Had to power off and on, two or three times for it to boot up. Left it at that and this morning I went into the menu and the same screen popped up. Now on reboot, the box is now stuck on "double your expectation with a white light" and a noise of a fan running. It stays there for 5 mins or so and reboots back to the same expectation message on the box.

Removed all usb sticks and lan cable but still the same. Using latest Blackhole image and I never made any changes to setup. Was going great for days beforehand.

Any suggestions? Only purchased the box a few weeks ago.

sonic1
08-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Unplug the HDD

Scream
08-02-2015, 03:39 PM
No difference

sonic1
08-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Flash a new image, maybe it become corrupt.

Scream
08-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Can I flash the same latest Blackhole image or should I use an older one?

Scream
08-02-2015, 05:22 PM
I few posts on other forums suggest to flash to the original duo2 firmware.

I can't seem to find it and any links on other forums are dead.

Does anyone know of a working link?

sonic1
08-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Download the latest original image from this link.

http://code.vuplus.com/

Scream
08-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Flashed and still the same issue.

Mickha
09-02-2015, 01:33 AM
Did you load any backup, or channel list, after flashing the new image?

ozzsurf
09-02-2015, 03:21 AM
you need to flash this bootloader again
Duo2_CFE_V2
then flash a image

clipper
09-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Flashed and still the same issue.
i had the same issue and my mate told me to bully the box.this way
first choose a image of my choice and flash the box and keep flashing
the image untill the box cleared i flashed the image five or six times
then it cleared and worked as normal.

Scream
10-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Sorry for the delay.

I flashed the boot loader and no change.

I then flashed a new image over and over again 11 times and no change.

The only thing this time is the panel display has the following "Vu+ Duo2 CFE V2" on it but reboots after 5 mins or so in a loop.

I'll try flashing again tomorrow but somehow I get the feeling it's had its day.

clipper
10-02-2015, 12:55 PM
i take it this is a genune vu box and not a clone nodel?
if it's not then flashing the latest images will cause problems
if your sure it's a genuine model i would keep flashing the image
and if you have anouther usb stick forrmat that to fat32 and try
with it as your usb stick could have a problem, for me vu genuine
vu boxes are bullet proof

^^COMPASS^^
10-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Sorry for the delay.

I flashed the boot loader and no change.

I then flashed a new image over and over again 11 times and no change.

The only thing this time is the panel display has the following "Vu+ Duo2 CFE V2" on it but reboots after 5 mins or so in a loop.

I'll try flashing again tomorrow but somehow I get the feeling it's had its day.

Its just stating your Bootloader is up to date

This Bootloader(CFE) is Version 2, supporting WOL.
If you see "Vu+ Duo2 CFE V2" message when booting, there is no need to update.

Scream
10-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the replies.

It is a genuine Duo2. I have been using a HP & Transend stick for the flashes but waiting on a Kingston to arrive to give that a shot.

You would think though that if it read the stick, flashed ok, the stick shouldn't be an issue.

^^COMPASS^^
10-02-2015, 10:01 PM
I could be wrong, but are you sure it is actually flashing from usb stick ?

please give it another go with the image of your choice,
but include "force.update" in duo2 folder on your USB Stick

This file forces the update.

So extract from zip then send force.update to duo2 folder

Scream
11-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Did what you asked and flash took place automatically without the need to press the black button but still no boot up.

Tried it seven times.

^^COMPASS^^
11-02-2015, 12:56 AM
I take it you have tried flashing from usb stick with the HDD Disconnected as well

Scream
11-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Disconnected it ages ago.

clipper
11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Disconnected it ages ago.
i can only suggest one other way that could clear the box as multi flashing has'nt cleared the problem. i would try with a cable and the VUCC panel and load a official image from the vu official site in nfi format and if that clears the box it should work from the stick and flash images etc:again.
just to edit this post, you cant use this method i have looked and there are no nfi images for the latest vu models. there are nfi images for the earlier vu receivers

^^COMPASS^^
11-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Google: VU Duo2 error: double your expectation with a white light
Brings up 2 other forum threads discussing same issues
It looks like HW problem

user Dodge03 managed to recover receiver flashing an older Blackhole Image 2.0.9.1
Here is his quote

I have now flashed with an older image (2.0.9.1) and the box is back to life

Its worth a try

Scream
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Just a quick update but can't fully test till later but I flashed with 2.0.9.1 with first attempt and the box is back up and running ready to carry out the setup wizard.

Cheers Compass. I'll flash to the latest Blackhole later.

^^COMPASS^^
11-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Just a quick update but can't fully test till later but I flashed with 2.0.9.1 with first attempt and the box is back up and running ready to carry out the setup wizard.

Cheers Compass. I'll flash to the latest Blackhole later.

That's great news,

If it was me i would either stick with BH 2.0.9.1 for a while or maybe try another image other than the latest BH on your Duo2
but thats just my thoughts.

Scream
11-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Spoke too soon.
I decided to try 2.0.9.1 but during the setup wizard, the box seems to freeze and the only option is to power off. Problem with that is, the box won't boot again and remains with the White light.

If I leave the box off for an hour or so, it switches on and I can try to complete the setup wizard again but it freezes again.

I'm wondering if there is a heat issue associated with this duo2 when it seems to fire up when cold.

cosworth4x4
11-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Previous post you say its not a clone , can you be 100% .

where was it purchased from , if you say goldwafers then we all can cross that off the list .

DCG
12-02-2015, 12:15 AM
might be a shot in the dark but have you checked the psu

check the caps arnt bulging or if you can try a diffrent psu

Scream
12-02-2015, 12:18 AM
My mate purchased two from the VIX people for us both as he is a member there. I normally use goldwafers but I was away for Christmas and I let him order. Unless things have changed, their Vu's are genuine as numerous people on this forum and theirs will vouch for.

Might just RMA it.

cosworth4x4
12-02-2015, 12:28 AM
My mate purchased two from the VIX people for us both as he is a member there. I normally use goldwafers but I was away for Christmas and I let him order. Unless things have changed, their Vu's are genuine as numerous people on this forum and theirs will vouch for.

Might just RMA it.

never bought from them the vix people(a **** name ? or the vix website?), or a sponsor there we dont need a link just yes or no.

im not doubting you , but very odd no solution has helped you.

Scream
12-02-2015, 12:42 AM
Just checked the psu and it looks perfect as in the capacitors etc and I don't see anything that could point to a possible problem.

The box seems to be staying on but as soon as I try to make my way through the menu, it takes a time out and exits back to the blue screen with Vu+ Black Hole Starting Gui.

Gonna leave it running and I might flash a more recent Blackhole image to see if it can work now with one of those.

Edit:
W - O - S

cosworth4x4
12-02-2015, 12:47 AM
blue screen with Vu+ Black Hole Starting Gui.

not green ?

the info at the bottom of a GREEN SCREEN may help.

DOES NOT BLUE STILL SAY ITS A CLONE ?

Scream
12-02-2015, 12:52 AM
It is blue with a green shade on part of it and starting gui is at the bottom right.

cosworth4x4
12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
OK info ive been told youre not getting the blue screen of death with a error code.

and i think you have covered all options , go for the rma.

CokeAddict
12-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Sounds like a faulty box to me, return it to the supplier and ask them to check it out for you.

pheonix
12-02-2015, 01:08 AM
OK wait for a reply info i found says blue screen is a clone , its a old post ive read so maybe things have changed.

If he bought it from WoS its 100 percent not a clone, personally I would just contact WoS as its looking more and more like a hardware fault.

Scream
12-02-2015, 01:12 AM
I think I will do that. Could spend another week at it and at the end it's a hardware fault. Been a good challenge though.

crabber
12-02-2015, 03:16 PM
This may be absolutely nothing to do with your problem but thought it may be worth posting my experience with a solo2. A genuine one from Goldwafers.
When I flashed a new image, it immediately read the USB stick without offering the chance to update by touching the power button. Although the image loaded OK it wouldn't work properly.
To cut a long story short I came to the conclusion that the power touch button on the front was intermittently operating without being touched. I dismantled the board behind the front panel and couldn't actually see anything wrong but assembling it again cleared the fault. The box has been fine ever since so I wonder if a wire was trapped or the board earthing or something?
Anyway best of luck, it sounds like you have exhausted most options!

jrbmw
12-02-2015, 07:28 PM
According to what Ive read on the BH forum there are no clone duo2s

Scream
08-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Just to let you know, my box came back from repair. Needed the main board replaced so that was good to hear. Not sure what the cause was so hopefully it doesn't repeat.

Getting ready to flash the box, I take it, 2.1.5 is the latest BH image?

Many thanks to those that helped in this thread.

DCG
08-03-2015, 05:57 PM
2.1.5 is the latest black hole
and its good
good luck