PDA

View Full Version : New box discussion thread

pheonix
01-03-2015, 12:04 PM
I just bought two Amazon fire TV boxes, amazon have knocked £15 quid off the price so you can get them for £64 each with free postage.

_http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-CL1130-Fire-TV/dp/B00KQEJBSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425207722&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+fire+tv

These are seriously powerful little quad core boxes and are dead easy to load the latest version of KODI directly on as well as having the ability of full Netflix support etc.

echelon
01-03-2015, 12:35 PM
thanks, but what I actually meant was recommendations for updating the current MX2 box, not recommendations for replacement boxes, although I will take note of your valuable comments in case I ever upgrade to a new box

thank you

as I indicated in my post, one box in the family has last years firmware and a customised KODI and is working ok, so all we whsh to do is update all the other boxes so they are the same as this new one (same boxes, different firmwares and different kodi`s installed)

think of it as like deciding to get new firmware for my lads vu solo 2 (on BH212) so downloading and installing BH215 , not buying a new vu duo 2

EDIT

posts split from my other thread so that the 2 issues remain separate

the info in this thread is valid for anyone wishing to buy a new box and I appluad the advice given for those about to buy a new box too

pheonix
01-03-2015, 12:38 PM
I did briefly consider the MX box but from a lot of negative posts I saw on the net decided to go with something more proven and the Fire TV box has a lot more support so I went with that, I know it's not what you wanted to hear but for those who have yet to decide it may help them get their foot in the door so to speak.

vamas
01-03-2015, 12:48 PM
I have decided now that I will only have Minix boxes now. I do have 2 of these and am very pleased with them. Very solid support and loads of help on their forums.

echelon
01-03-2015, 12:52 PM
I understand that, but my other thread is about updating half a dozen existing and paid for boxes in my family, not about what to buy next

by all means add your thoughts in this new thread (which I considered when I thought of splitting this thread earlier)

my thread is about updating an existing MX2 and as OP I do not want that thread thrown off-track by discussions on replacement boxes sometime in the future

I have no problem if you start a new thread like this one that details discussions on what is currently available to buy in the marketplace for those who wish to spend some money, but my other thread is about maintaining existing boxes with no purchases at all, just downloads of new firmwares and new KODI installations for the existing paid for boxes

thank you

therefore thread split from my original thread , for clarity

thanks

vamas
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM
@echelon

my apologies.

echelon
01-03-2015, 01:17 PM
@echelon

my apologies.

no problem

I have split the thread so the new box recommendations are now in this one

I have also added to my other thread so the details of what I want are clarified

currently testing TVMC gotham 13.2 git on my old MX2 now (from Dreamcatchers recommendation in the KODI software forum here)

I will leave this thread open as a new box discussion thread and welcome your recommendations as well as those of pheonix too