PDA

View Full Version : wifi on SB 6000hd

vamas
04-03-2015, 06:45 PM
I have just had my 6000hd on and it switched itself off.
When i tried to go back to it, WiFi keeps giving message that it is disconnected. My box is finding my wifi but will not connect. I am putting in the right password so no problem there.
Has anyone experienced this and is there some solution available? (I have tried lan cable form my wifi repeater and this works but I cannot have this box connected by cable as box is used another room.

thanks for any advice.

jbvid
04-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi
I would suggest moving the 6000hd closer to the router/source to see if its an out of range problem.
If it stays connected when closer get back to us as we can give you a mains plugin Wi-fi extender to look for which works well.
jb

satscene
05-03-2015, 12:47 AM
A pair of Homeplugs would be better than wi-fi in your situation

vamas
05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
This has been working fine for all the time I have had it.
The wifi repeater i use for this is ok as I also manage to have my android box working fast on streaming etc.
later on today i will move the SB 6000 next to the router and then i will see what happens.

vamas
05-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I have checked every possible thing and the result is that since what happened yesterday, when the box just switched itself off it refuses to recognise the repeater which has a very strong signal. I have no problem what so ever with all my other items such as the android box, mobiles, tablets.
SB 6000 does connect to main wifi from same room where the repeater is.
I have also done factory re set and installed software patch of 30th january again etc.

darkson
05-03-2015, 08:26 PM
hi mate, try checking all your lead connectors, and just for a try switch off your router for a few minutes on the back of it, see what that does,

vamas
05-03-2015, 09:24 PM
My router gets turned off every night. i have taken all leads off overnight even direct power supply. my only other thing to check is another repeater but at moment i do not fancy spending money which may be for nothing also.
as i said repeater is being picked up maximum performance but sb is not connecting. i cannot see anything else apart from the wifi system in box must have corrupted (?).

vamas
13-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Update.
Yesterday, Thursday. I decided to try out plugs which i decided to purchase. prior mto trying them i again tried my usual set up and surprisde, surprise SB again started finding and connecting to my wi fi repeater, this after more then a week during which it did not connect at all.
a very strange thing and an extra expense for me as the plugs are not so cheap......