PDA

View Full Version : duo 2 cable

goofy gorilla
09-03-2015, 12:34 AM
im just in the process of returning my duo2 with twin cable tuners..seem like they have a fault. Tuner A works but picture freezes and glitches...when i connect cable feed to Tuner B...i get nothing at all no picture as SNR is 0%, ive tried different images blackhole latest and vix latest...ready to retuen the unit..

cosworth4x4
09-03-2015, 12:41 AM
ive moved youre post , but be very careful with what youre asking regarding cable , ;)

so any freezing one tuner on a fta channel?

Mickha
09-03-2015, 10:06 AM
You haven't mentioned how you've configured the tuners or your set up, motorized dish, with twin LNB, separate dishes/LNB's, Diseqc Switch, etc......

digicon
09-03-2015, 01:36 PM
You haven't mentioned how you've configured the tuners or your set up, motorized dish, with twin LNB, separate dishes/LNB's, Diseqc Switch, etc......

I would have thought as the OP has Twin cable tuners its setup for DVB-C - Net ID - Scanning frequency

goofy gorilla
10-03-2015, 10:11 PM
sorry for the delay in reply...no dish its cable tuners, anyway dint really think of checking the FTA channels, but on channels like movies , sports etc...i have single cable feed coming into Tuner A, Tuner B has nothing connected...the picture is great but get glitching and freezing evry 30 secs or so, i know its not the "source" thats the problem if you know what i mean because i have a ultimo downstairs with a cable tuner and thats perfect..now if i remove feed from tuner A and connect to Tuner B, iget nothing , SNT is 0% on evry single channel....

cosworth4x4
10-03-2015, 10:16 PM
first thing i would do is try the duo2 in the location downstairs , just incase you have a cable signal strength problem at the upstairs location.

for the glitching.

still worth trying a fta channel first to see what results you get.

goofy gorilla
10-03-2015, 10:45 PM
will do that, in the ultimo downstairs the SNR is always around 65% to 69%, and thats with the older cable tuner....in the duo 2 upsatirs, which has the newer samsung tuners the SNR is always on 99% on tuner A....i read somewhere that this normal for these tuners...but what do i know lol..:confused:, was thinking of a cable signal booster if such things exist or work..?

cosworth4x4
10-03-2015, 10:54 PM
can confirm mine shows 99% on all channels as well . try fta channel on duo2 first at its location see if you get any glitching/freezing .

Keano
11-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Mate you would not believe what can affect the signal on catv, it does not take much for it to go very weak or nothing at all. I have in the past had problems which was just a tiny bit of braid touching the center core. Poor RG6 cable can also have a affect. Splitting the cable which I am guessing you have done will also cause problems. Long cable runs etc etc.

Like cosworth said take the Duo2 right to the main cable point, do not have the cable split and now try the duo2, test on BBC 1 or ITV.