PDA

View Full Version : Strength OK Quality 0% ??

skylanz1
14-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Please can someone help, I have a 4 way Diseq, 3 are working ok, Astra 2A saying Strength 70% Quality 0%, I can not scan for channels. Astra 1, Hotbird, Nilesat all ok just Astra 2A having problem. Any Ideas on what to look for. Have checked connection on diseq and looks ok.

jbvid
14-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Hi
Yes, I would strongly suspect the Diseq switch, remove the Diseq switch from the system and retry, also check all your connections even though you say its working ok, O% Quality mean NO signal, then check your alignment.
jb

skylanz1
14-03-2015, 06:25 PM
thank you for your help, swapped connections and still same problem, from that, looks like I might have to change cable. Once again thanks, If not cable I will be back :-)

dOOds
14-03-2015, 07:56 PM
or lnb is lined up on wrong sat..you can still get signal but no quality.

TonyO
15-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Disconnect the diseq switch and check if the main focus lnb on the dish works ok, if it does then you have a dead port on the cheap chinese diseq lnb switch, change to another port and you will probably be ok once you adjust the diseq settings on the receiver.

Most of my diseq switch ports pack up one at a time, get an 8 way and it should last you for a long while as they die one at a time .

echelon
15-03-2015, 10:13 AM
us a back to back F connector "barrel" to connect the receiver direct to the lnb on 28.2e

if it all works ok, its probably a duff switch as mentioned above

skylanz1
15-03-2015, 11:15 AM
Thank you all for your help, I have a fta s*y box connected with twin lnb and that is working. I have tried different port on diseq, have even changed cable from lnb to diseq and still same, I can not run direct feed as do not have enough cable. I have the right port connected on menu of sat settings. I am stumped.

echelon
15-03-2015, 11:32 AM
like I said earlier, barrel it to the 28e feed from the main feed and see if sly works on the spiderbox

if it doesnt , then it could be a duff lnb output

sometimes you may find swapping lnb outputs on the lnb itself could fix it

the point here is to try a barrel to each and every lnb, BEFORE introducing the diseqc switch , just to prove that it works to each and every lnb

TonyO
15-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Check to see if all the diseq ports are working by swapping them about with the working lnb's, adjust the reciever settings and work out what is actually going.

If you have Strength 70% Quality 0%, it usually means you are locked on a satellite but not the correct one, the frequencies you want don't exist on the that satellite.

Take the diseq switch out of the system completely and join the main cable straight to the box, then you'll see whats working and whats not.