PDA

View Full Version : Setting up an Icecrypt 3200 fresh out the box.

keithbt
15-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Hi, I'm a retired telecoms switch engineer and I took an Icecrypt 3200 ccihd out to my place in costa esuri on the Spain/ Portugal border near Ayamonte. I bought an 80cm dish, bolted it up and cabled it. I got a local guy to do the final alignment to Intelsat 907 at 27.5w., and I have a level of 90% and quality of 78%. Having set up sky dishes to Astra in the past I thought it would be easy to set up. WRONG !! I knew about having to input the biss keys, but cannot get that far.

So far I can manually scroll down to I/sat 907 and manually set up the correct freq and fec. When I do a manual search I get nothing found? I have read about hidden menus like 1407 and hence I think I'm missing a trick or two here.

The receiver is new /unused and I know is capable of working at the high frequencies. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? I emailed the manufacturer, but they simply said do a manual search and select the "BBC" key? Oh, I forgot to say the purpose of all this was to access the satback service to get some bbc tv and radio 4.

I wonder if I need some additional software????? The local guy satguy had software set up on a memory stick for the micro amika box, but not for mine.

Apparently the amika box is the most common down there, so I might have dropped off choosing the Icecrypt - but I did get it VERY cheap through a friend, and it did seem to be quite well rated.

Back in the UK now but would like to sort it out when I go back next month.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE ?

Thanks

echelon
15-03-2015, 09:51 AM
hi

same ex-job here too , so get your 81`s out , lol (and see you in the Labour In Vain)

standard practice with any 3rd party box is to patch it using patched firmware, so as yours is new I assume its not patched ?

if I got your model right then you want the latest one from the FIRMWARE section at the top of this forum, making sure you choose the exact model

maybe this one ? https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160938-Icecrypt-S3200-HDCCI-patched-firmware

its v1.6.41 (the bottom one)

so you patch the box and reboot it, then try all the tricks to install it, including scanning (or maybe adding channel lists ?) and sorting out the BISS key for 27.5w BBC Satback service

I believe your box is fine, its your inexperience that doesnt help, but all these boxes tend to be the same

I dont have your box and never seen one, so I suggest you also read through any other similar threads with tutorials and advice , plus checking the STICKY FORUMS at the top of this one, where tools and firmwares and stuff reside

I am sure once its done you will be fine with it, from the info you have provided so far

Ross_37
15-03-2015, 09:58 AM
I don't have a 3200 but the 1600 from what you indicate If you have a signal of 90% are you sure that you have the patched software loaded
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160938-Icecrypt-S3200-HDCCI-patched-firmware

I am aware that there is a later version but version 1.6.28 will get you going. I can't find the later versions on the forum by Coldasice

keithbt
15-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Thanks for that ECHELON. Yes I had the 81's out last week to wind the F connectors on to the co-ax. I don't go anywhere without a pair of 81's. Managed to get a load of them before I retired. Busted my strippers last year though - actually had to BUY some new ones. Just seen the actuary report for the pension scheme. Looks like us BT pensioners are going to keep the company a bit short of cash seeing how much extra they have to cough up into the scheme until 2023. Best 6% out of salary I ever spent was the pension scheme. Just got to live to a ripe old age to enjoy it. Trouble is old colleagues are dropping like flies in their mid sixties. OUCH. Speaking of the Labour in vain, there was one at Eastergate (sus***) where I spent many a lunchtime and friday afternoon when on exch constn. Best regards Keith. Sorry couldn't PM all this as way toooooo junior.

villamarre
15-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Hi keithbt.i have private messaged you as I am ex bt and live in gibraleon huelva not far from you,have 2 3200 s working and am very familiar with setting them up/changing SW /codes etc.Let me know if you want to visit for some info when you are here next

villamarre
16-03-2015, 10:50 AM
keithbt did you get my PM if so i will send you contact details in case you want to meet or get info on setting up box.

keithbt
16-03-2015, 06:18 PM
villamarre , Thanks for the PM. Can open but not reply as too junior. Probably coming over first week of may for two weeks. Will load up the firmware and have a go when i get there. If i get into insurmountable problems i will give you a call. We pass near Gibraeleon frequently on the way to Huelva via Corrales. Pm me your contact number to give you a call when i'm there. Many thanks for your offer. Regards Keith.

villamarre
16-03-2015, 06:27 PM
keithbt have pm'ed you my contact details,get in touch and we'll sort out the issues.