PDA

View Full Version : S1600chd problems int 907

Tonsor
15-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Hello,
With 70cm dish in Madrid and 1.6.53emu as firm, all I have is scrambled with 90% level 60% quality. Whats the matter?
In my receiver the wifi doesn't work. Does it need any additional dongle?
Thanks

seanoo
15-03-2015, 08:29 AM
60% quality is too low , you need to get that up a bit. i am getting around 72 with an 80 dish in alicante. have you got your skew properly adjusted? for the wifi you need to buy a dongle to plug into your receiver , not too expensive (£25 ish) hope this helps

kiwitt
15-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Hello,
With 70cm dish in Madrid and 1.6.53emu as firm, all I have is scrambled with 90% level 60% quality. Whats the matter?
In my receiver the wifi doesn't work. Does it need any additional dongle?
Thanks

with quality level under 67% , your picture will start breaking up, and if it is under 65%, the picture wont open up, and you will just get the scrambled sign......

Tonsor
15-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Many thanks for your comments.
I've adjusted everything without any equipment, just starting from Hispasat. In fact at the current positioning I can receive both Intelsat 907 (11495V) and transponders from Hispasat. Is that normal?.
To solve the reception problems, I've tried changing the receiver, because according to Lyngsat 60cm should be ok for Madrid, but it hasn't made any good. What KIWIT says is what really happens, although with the previous receiver I used to get images without disruption many times, but then suddenly irrespective of wheather or day time Quality bar dropped and signal faded.

villamarre
15-03-2015, 09:22 PM
no problems here in andalucia,the smallest dish i have used is 80cms but sig 90% and quality 78% the skew angle will make a huge difference,it is completely the other direction for sky,once you get the levels right if you do a "bbc"search shich should be available if you are using cracked SW then the tv/radio channels should be received but no others,i would check your alignment if you are getting hispasat as well as hyspasat is 30W and intelsat 27.5W.Check the geometry of your dish to make sure everything is in line and bolted up and i would realign to just get 907.

Tonsor
15-03-2015, 11:12 PM
The thing is that with a very small move on the dish I lose the signal completely. The same occurs with the LNB signal. Do you receive with that aligment transponder 11771V SR27500?(that's BBC World on Hispasat and I do). As I said, I'm not receiving anything from Intelsat, perhaps the installation as a whole but regarding the soft, I have 1.6.53E*U, downloaded via FTP from the receiver. Is it the right firm you meant?

villamarre
16-03-2015, 10:53 AM
yes Fw is ok what are you using to align the dish,i use a sat meter and compass check lyngsat for exact details for your location dish is 10degrees steeper than sky was and 90 degreses on lnb skew. SR should be 44100 ---27500 is for sky ,try changing SR and then see what happens.

Tonsor
16-03-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm not used at Sky. I guess it must be something at 28şE doesn't it?. In Madrid, in a flat Astra 28şE, no way. I'm a regular user from Astra 19şE. I don't have sat meter. I think I'll need it. What I said about 11771V SR27500 was, just with the aligment you have for Intelsat, add this Tp from Hispasat and make a search on it. In fact, only by adding that, TP signal levels come up without searching channels. That's what I experience with my current aligment.

villamarre
16-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Try 11495 V 44100 as these are the sat details you have to add as a new transponder before searching for the channels

kiwitt
19-03-2015, 07:07 PM
if you are recieving hispasat at the same time as intelsat 27.5, then your dish is not properly aligned to intelsat....although they are very close to each other, you should not be able to pick them up at the same time....you must move your dish very, very slightly to the east, and incline it a bit more, but as well, very, very slightly......

Tonsor
22-03-2015, 12:26 AM
In the end I've got it solved, with 70%. It has been just by pushing back the LNB. I can get neither subtitles nor EPG from channels. Any way of getting it?. HD channels from time to time get stuck somehow.

kiwitt
22-03-2015, 11:57 AM
In the end I've got it solved, with 70%. It has been just by pushing back the LNB. I can get neither subtitles nor EPG from channels. Any way of getting it?. HD channels from time to time get stuck somehow.

no subtitles or epg on these channels, since they are "backup channels".... if your HD channels freeze slightly, your dish or lnb still need a slight adjustment.... to properly adjust this, u need a sat meter.....

villamarre
22-03-2015, 05:29 PM
I have the same problem with slight freezing on HD chans only,think it may be due to the high symbol rate,but i wouldn't worry about it unless it actually locks up,occasionally you find the sound may go or there is a lot of stutter/shuddering and the easy cure is to change channel up/down and then change back and it seems to cure itself.

bigbadger
28-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Very Southern Spain - I can see Morocco - 80cm dish 90% and 72% signal readings. I use a satellite installer to get it exact. Costs 30€. Takes all the guesswork out.