PDA

View Full Version : Using only IPTV, not through a satalite

Festiveaura
18-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Hi guys, recntley got myself a spidebox hd6000, ive set it up and everything running it from a ethernet cable to the main wall socket so it can connect to my router downstairs, updated it to 1.19, i have had a look on list 1 and the movies are ok quality but most have chinese subs, they only started buffering when they got near the end of the film, so i had a look on list 2 and by the looks of it thats hd:) really good quality movies with no subs was impressed but what i wasnt impressed with was that the movie buffered every couple of seconds, i know it could have something to do with my connection speed but i was just wondering if anybody could just help me through everything so i can get to know the ins and outs of all of this, because i would really like to use this box properly with out it messing up all the time. it is a great piece of kit.
Thanks guys.
btw i am new to all this so sorry if ive posted in the wrong section or anything i know how frustrating it can be.

satscene
18-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Check your present internet broadband speed (speedtest.net or similar). I`ve found that anything below 4meg will give those problems.
Are your Homeplugs new and working ok?
Have you tried the wi-fi option?

Festiveaura
18-03-2015, 09:58 PM
I've checked it and it is awful its 2.6meg WOW! Haha that explains it. My homeplugs arent that new I don't think, think we've had them for about a year. I'll have to see about getting faster internet. What's a good provider to go with?
Also I tried the wifi option and that was showing a 40% signal strength so thats a no go. But cheers for the comment

Aldo
18-03-2015, 10:39 PM
" What's a good provider to go with? "

That could depend on where you are living. as some areas have super fast broadband, you could also do a google for best ISP Providers, and see what you come up with for your area.

jbvid
18-03-2015, 10:59 PM
I've checked it and it is awful its 2.6meg WOW! Haha that explains it. My homeplugs arent that new I don't think, think we've had them for about a year.
Hi
You could also first try taking your Spiderbox downstairs to the Router and bypass the homeplugs with a straight LAN cable.
jb

Festiveaura
18-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Hi jb, so how would I go about doing the bypass? I'm not that knowledgeable about technology at the minute.
I will have a look at the best ISP providers as well, thanks Aldo.
Cheers guys

Aldo
18-03-2015, 11:58 PM
" so how would I go about doing the bypass? "

As jbvid has said take your receiver downstairs and connect it directly to your router with a straight Lan Cable, and see if you get any better download speeds with that connection, and if so maybe your homeplugs could be the cause of your slow download speeds.