PDA

View Full Version : Some more advice/help needed please

kenny
21-03-2015, 06:08 PM
I have made some progress wih my Duo2 and have experimented a little with clines and with some success. Before I make too many more mistakes, I have a few questions for those with some experience.

Bearing in mind I have the latest BH image, is there a recommended version of ccam I should use? I downloaded a group of these which included 2.11,2.13,2,14 and 2.21. (I've been using version 2.14)
I notice that there is also a version 2.30. Are there important differences between these versions and is it simply best to use the most recent version?

Still not had any luck reading my TNTSAT card using oscam, but reading various posts elsewhere, I'm not even sure that it's still possible. I guess as an experiment I could try to get it to read my SRG card. I'm also not sure of the device numbers for the 2 card reader slots. Are they 0 and 1 from the top down or the bottom up?

Another strange thing. When I scan certain transponders (eg CS*T on 12207V @ 19E), it looks like all channels are found, but several are saved under provider "DVB2 *PSK 12207 19.2E" with channel names like "12207V SID 0x233d".
I don't think it's a problem with signal strength and I guess that with Dreamboxedit, I could rename the channels correctly, but I wonder what might cause this.

As ever, many thanks in advance for any pointers

echelon
21-03-2015, 06:12 PM
2.30 is the version you should use with the latest BH images , due to drivers and other issues like unable to record 2 scrambled programmes at the same time which have been reported as problems and have been answered in other VU threads (not necessarily in the duo2 section) - so you have not read those threads if you did not know this

therefore, use 2.30 and no other cccam

or use oscam or mgcamd (you can try all 3 , all 3 or more can be installed and one selected at a time)

cant answer the other queries

kenny
21-03-2015, 07:02 PM
OK thanks, I've installed version 2.30. Should I remove all other cccams and any other files, perhaps? Since I put 2.30 on, nothing is clearing. I *have* restored my working .cfg file, btw

echelon
21-03-2015, 07:11 PM
if the other cccams are in there too, remove them , leaving only 2.30

then check the cccam.cfg file in var/etc has the working c line or lines in it

aalso ensure the bin file in var/bin is chmod to 755 , not 644

restart cccam emu under the blue button

kenny
21-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Right, I've done that, but I must still have something wrong as nothing at all is clearing via emus. I'm wondering if something else has got into a strange state. Bizarrely, I can no longer access the CCcam info page from local-ip:16001/servers. It had worked fine before (and I hadn't needed to setup port-forwarding in my router either) Now I'm told this webpage is unavailable. However if I just put the localip into my browser, I see OpenWebif. I am really confused

kenny
21-03-2015, 08:27 PM
....and no sooner have I made that post (and I swear the problem as described lasted for an hour or so) ......now things are working again! This game is more complex than I thought!

echelon
21-03-2015, 08:31 PM
ideally, make sure you have a fixed ip on your lan settings on the box, so DHCP to OFF

kenny
21-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Yes, I already had a fixed ip setup. What was odd was that I could connect to OpenWebif (though I still need to investigate what this does), yet could not reach the CCcam info page. Then suddenly I was able to. So, for the moment at least, I think things are back to normal, although the c lines I currently have in the .cfg file seem to be much less reliable than what was working for me yesterday.

Oh well - it's all part of the (steep) learning curve.

kenny
22-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Just spent some time experimenting with the 2 card-reader slots and I appear to have made some progress. My tests confirm that the upper slot is 0 and the lower 1. Both the SRG and TNT cards are recognised and with CCcam 2.3 the Swiss channels clear and ECM data is displayed via the blue button. However although ECM data is also displayed for the TNT card, no image is cleared for these channels. I know the suggestion is to use oscam for TNT, but apart from the fact that this emu seems more complicated to configure (but I shall continue my research on this), reading elsewhere I get the impression that oscam may no longer read TNT cards.

kenny
22-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Wow - this really is one step forwards and one sideways (or even back). No sooner I had I posted the above than I did a little bit of channel hopping between channels that were either using my local card or one of the c lines in CCcam.cfg. All seemed ok and CCCcam server was visible in the browser, but then changing to some other channels seems to hang the emu - CCCam server is not accessible and I can't even clear the channels with my local SRG card. A restart of CCcam appears to cure the problem, but I wonder if these sort of glitches are "normal" or if it might indicate some other config conflicts?