PDA

View Full Version : advice required

EXTRAFACTO
22-03-2015, 01:43 PM
A friend of mine has 2 boxs coming off a twin lnb
(amiko and other is slybox f3 or f5 not sure)
both boxs are running an unmentionable both from same scource
now here is the problem...
amiko box works has should all channels fine...slybox plays fine except for mutv .... plays sound but no picture
has stated both lines from same scource(but seperate lines)not trying use same on both boxs
the amiko plays(mutv) both upstairs and downstairs
the slybox does not play picture on tv either downstairs or upstairs...all other channels play fine...just mutv is problem
both boxs using mutv 12515.00 h dvb-s qpsk 5/6 nid =2 tid=2073
so lnb..all cables...all working fine
the slybox is on a fixed ip
any help or advice would be greatly appriciated...as the guy is battering my head in on why this is happerning

cannydo
22-03-2015, 01:52 PM
The slybox either needs software update or a new channelist if you go to AJSat channelist there's a more in depth explanation. I once had this problem with one of these boxes and the solution was on the web page.

Hope this helps

cannydo
22-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Just checked and it's a firmware upgrade you require if you have sound and no picture.

EXTRAFACTO
22-03-2015, 03:55 PM
sound works on other channels...its just mutv...but will try..thanks for imput

EXTRAFACTO
23-03-2015, 07:36 PM
If anyone has this box slybox f3 and experiences the above...some channels sound but no picture
no firmware update is available for that box...new updated firmware does not fix the problem
have found out today...that box no longer recieves firmware support
hope this helps anyone with that box...slybox f3...
so am getting my friend new box...will first see what lee(goldwafers) has in stock
(my friend has got over 20 channels doing same...sound but no picture...slybox f3)
only one he was bothered about was mutv...the firmware thats newest only works on f5 and above...f3 discontinued support)