PDA

View Full Version : tom tom for android ?

holmroad
22-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Welcome back Russell1, hope you had a nice break mate?
Any news on the Android version 945 yet please mate?

(referring to this recent thread with the latest files - posts moved here by admin)

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?170601-United-Kingdom-amp-Republic-of-Ireland-v945-Maps-amp-Postcode-file-02-15

holmroad
22-03-2015, 11:57 PM
Sorry Russell but these don't work for me on my android phone as have your previous versions, e.g. map version 940!
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169557-UK-amp-RoI-v940-Maps-amp-Postcodes-files-(Nov-2014)
In fact the first link (uses psw watermark - which I never even got to!) asks for a sub for the right to use that site!

Russell1
23-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Did you uninstall earlier version & did you put everything onto the phone memory ?

holmroad
23-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Did you uninstall earlier version & did you put everything onto the phone memory ?

Yes mate, version 940 apk and 'Tomtom' folder both in phone memory and working fine, as had previous versions - but how therefore on THIS occasion do I get 945 to load please, why is it not the same method anyway?

holmroad
23-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Sorry mate, may have misread your post above, but at present I still have version 940 apk & Tomtom folder installed on my Galaxy Note 3 PHONE memory and working fine!
However, as I said above I cannot get the first link above to download new version 945 because as I said the site keeps asking me to register and doll out dosh! i.e. I still do not even HAVE the new version ready to install as I have done successfully severally times on previous versions! Hence NO I have not yet uninstalled version 940 from my Note 3 as there's no point yet?

Not sure if I can make use of your second link as that is a different method of installing Tomtom to my android anyway, surely?

echelon
23-03-2015, 03:24 PM
if you are unable to download the files from that first link, add it to freerapid downloader

it will then give you 8 links, pause all the links

you will have 4 for file factory.com

and 4 for uploaded.to

these are interchangeable but the filefactory ones will download quicker

I used file 4 from uploaded copied into firefox and added the captcha after 30 seconds waiting time

and dowloaded files 1 to 3 from filefactory using freerapid, one after the other; and unpacked with 7zip using the password

I have not tried them yet though

my point ?

they downloaded fine and unpacked ok

Russell only put one link up , not two , the second one is not a link, its the me ta file used to unblock the use of the maps

so there is one link that gives 2 lots of 4 links (2 alternative sites)

and one m*ta file for using an activator to patch the maps

not that I have tried it on an android device yet

no money has to be paid out, it just takes longer using the free download options, thats all

holmroad
23-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Not my links & I have not tested this but try here :-

Code:
http://linkcrypt.ws/dir/t2czjzuoswe96ep
password :-
watermark

@echelon:-

I tried downloading THIS link above via FreeRapid Downloader and it went straight to 'Error' mate!
Tried this several times and then had to resort to pasting url into main browser at top - when it went into the site where they wanted money to register to make downloads - and THAT'S what my experience was - hadn't tried the extras below the 'watermark' psw first version!
Do you see?

PS: Just tried link via FreeRapid again - working TODAY, but when I first tried it it went to Error, so now seems ok, so maybe there was an error the other day? Otherwise I would never have reported what I did!

echelon
23-03-2015, 07:15 PM
ok

so do as I said, unpack the resulting 4 files with 7zip and the password and see if you can make it work

that link works fine for me in freerapid 0.9u4 with the plugins updated

mrdude
23-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Guys, I don't want to put you off using tomtom - but have you tried using sygic satnav on android? To be honest, it's a much better app than the tomtom one.

You can find it on 'mobilism' in the satnav section., just google that - (no need to register).

It's Just another option if you want to give it a go.

echelon
23-03-2015, 08:39 PM
just had a look at its got something like 13 500mb files for the maps, thats a large chunk of any sdcard (think its europe)

it was on mobilismbooks as

Sygic: GPS Navigation v15.0.0 Maps 2014.09
Requirements: 2.0.1+

mrdude
23-03-2015, 09:00 PM
just had a look at its got something like 13 500mb files for the maps, thats a large chunk of any sdcard (think its europe)

You don't need to download the maps - you just need the base files and the cracked apk, when you start sygic you go into the settings and download what maps you want from the app.

holmroad
23-03-2015, 10:29 PM

Just completed the four Rar files downloads, then extracted them - and now noticed its all headed 'Vers 940' on extracted folder - so is that what YOU got too ech?

echelon
23-03-2015, 11:23 PM
yes

here is what it says in the nfo file in the tomtom.cfg folder

[ID]
LocalID = ['santorini']-11.xxx-7OPM.xxx.9.40.11748.TomTom_for_An droid_UK-IRELAND_V9.40
imageID = United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland-940.6004

[Image information]
Birthday = Monday 20 October 2014, 11:07:07
Image type = ZIP
Item number = 7OPM.xxx.9.40.11748
Item description = TomTom for Android UK-IRELAND V9.40
Changelist = 1712610
Application version = 11
Application build = xxx
Map 1 name = United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
Map 1 version = 940
Map 1 build = 6004

Russell1
23-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Sorry about that - I grabbed the link from a v945 thread but didn't have time to check it.
Here's another link (same password - watermark ) - I have checked first link & this one does state v945

http://linkcrypt.ws/dir/u01kqxp5d758k0m

holmroad
24-03-2015, 12:03 AM
Sorry Russell1, but for me this NEW link has again gone straight to 'Error' in FreeRapid Downloader!
Sorry mate!
(This was again on my Windows 8.1 laptop - but will now try it on my Windows 7 desktop which worked earlier for the 8 files!)

PS:- Downloading four Rar files Version 9.45 as I type on my Windows 7 All in One pc, so must be some setting on my W8.1 which is incorrect?

So thanks again Russell1!

PPS: Part 1 vers 945 downloaded ok on desktop, but have to wait nearly 3hrs for Part 2 so leaving it to finish Tues am!
Thanks again Russell1!

echelon
24-03-2015, 09:49 AM
thats correct

add them and pause them on freerapid (but VALIDATE them so they turn green)

use copy link (right mouse) on each one and paste into a browser, wait 30 secs and add the captcha , then each part will download for free
wait the mandatory 2 hours and do the next one, until all are done , you need patience and learn to adapt as you go if you want stuff for free

holmroad
24-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Second part Rar going fine this morning so its just as Echelon says, a matter of being patient!
Thanks Russell1 mate, the previous updates weren't like this, in four parts, but least we'll get there eh? lol!!

echelon
24-03-2015, 10:47 AM
if you did more downloading of files, you would be more experienced in these matters

this happens a lot , especially with larger files as they tend to be split into smaller chunks to beat any free limits

if you have had only instances of one file per download you are lucky in that regard , as multiple files is much more common than you think and has been for over 10 years

the link russ provides is a starter for 10 link, leading to the actual link or links for files

as you saw yesterday, sometimes you get more than one set as they use different places

nothing to do with android or tom tom, its a fact of life when downloading files , you have to be adaptive

echelon
24-03-2015, 06:33 PM
all 4 uploaded.to files downloaded in firefox ok (with 2 hour intervals) , unpacks ok in 7zip using watermark as the password

here is the info from the tomtom-cfg nfo file

[ID]
LocalID = ['santorini']-11.xxx-7OPM.xxx.9.45.12037.TomTom_for_An droid_UK-IRELAND_V9.45
imageID = United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland-945.6256

[Image information]
Birthday = Thursday 05 February 2015, 13:28:36
Image type = ZIP
Item number = 7OPM.xxx.9.45.12037
Item description = TomTom for Android UK-IRELAND V9.45
Changelist = 1819641
Application version = 11
Application build = xxx
Map 1 name = United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
Map 1 version = 945
Map 1 build = 6256

not tested on a phone though

Russell1
24-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Thanks Russell1 mate, the previous updates weren't like this, in four parts, but least we'll get there eh? lol!!

Previous updates have been from links I've downloaded & tested, then uploaded as a single download for everyone. Not had any free time on this occasion as I've been on holiday for nearly a month so I just posted the links I found elsewhere :D :D

holmroad
25-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Not doing too well at present I'm afraid - all 4 downloads all completed ok - extracted into common Rar file ok, but having first uninstalled the version 940 off Note 3 then loading apk plus com.tomtom file all into phone memory (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) as previously successfully with 940, 945 says its won't open from app!
Uninstalled (via phone uninstall function AND via pc hooked up via USB) from phone memory and then tried again via SD card - but still wont open properly - in both cases stating 'Unable to connect to TomTom, Try again later' - but not connecting later either!
So will persist, but a little apprehensive may have to go back to vers 940 which WAS working ok!
(This was all on my laptop using Windows 8.1)

Further report 25/3:-
Tried above again on desktop pc on Windows 7, hoping different pc/system may help, but exactly same and 'Unable to connect'
Tried dragging apk and Tomtom folder across from desktop into Note 3 phone memory, plus again with 'cut & paste' - all to no avail!

So be interested to know if its only ME, or if anyone else is also struggling with this version 945 TT?

holmroad
26-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Separate post to make a point:-

For ME at least I'm afraid the latest four part TT version 945 simply wont work!
Installed exactly as had done with vers. 940, which work/installed perfectly into phone memory from apk.

However This latest version 945, despite also having an apk, will not open once apparently installed!

Even tried using 940 apk with 945 folder info, to no avail!

So, went back to previous vers 940 entire folder/apk, which AGAIN installed and works perfectly on my Galaxy Note 3!

Conclusion:- There MUST be something different with the version 945 info which is preventing TT to perform correctly?

Please comment! Has anyone else managed to get it to work ok please?