PDA

View Full Version : Problems Recording by USB Pen

chopper1
26-03-2015, 12:23 PM
i was recording the Scotland V Northern Ireland match last night and set the recording on my 32GB USB memory pen drive to 2hrs 15 mins yet the recording stopped before the program ended?
Not sure what i have done wrong or what settings i should have set the recording to but surely 32GB would be enough to record plenty of programs?
Also im not sure how to pause recordings for half time/intervals etc?
help much appreciated
thanks

echelon
26-03-2015, 02:38 PM
sounds to me as if it hit the fat32 4 gig limit on file sizes (which an ntfs hdd would not suffer from if ntfs was used like on a pc)

I suggest you check any settings to see what any maximum file sizes are and if you can do so, set them to below 4 gig

a typical dvd may have a few vobs of say 1 gig for each vob , so maybe you need 1 gig or 2 gig file sizes ?

so in simple terms, if it was say 2 gig per hour (and especially if it was an HD channel) then 4 gig would be 2 hours , so you would need any file sizes to be able to cope with long recordings by splitting the whole recording into several "chunks" , like on a dvdr disc

just a thought

TonyO
26-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I always record in sd for footy and films, HD eats the space up very quickly.

EXTRAFACTO
26-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Echelon is bang on with his answer...when using a 32g pen drive when i first had spiderbox..i kept getting same results
then realised that the recording was reaching certain size and stopping..unfortunately under pvr recording options only thing that can be changed is
default recording period..(this is where you can scroll left or right and preset recordings by 15 minutes a press).
i recorded..0n a 1tb wd usb drive.2 hrs hd channel to test...that came back with a 3.55g size

chopper1
27-03-2015, 10:50 PM
thanks guys, showing USB pen drive 2.93 GB used space and 26.1 GB free space so plenty of room left on it for more recordings

Just noticed when i try to play the recording on my laptop it does not play with windows media player, would i need to download a different media player?

jbvid
27-03-2015, 11:36 PM
thanks guys, showing USB pen drive 2.93 GB used space and 26.1 GB free space so plenty of room left on it for more recordings

Just noticed when i try to play the recording on my laptop it does not play with windows media player, would i need to download a different media player?
Hi
I would try another Stick first, preferably a branded one, they are cheap enough. (VLC is a very good player) but its likely your Stick.
jb