PDA

View Full Version : BT sport HD signal

chalkster
10-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Hi are there any issues with signal strength on The BT sport HD channels I live in south Yorkshire and only getting between 59% and 62% signal strength, using sky fixed dish zone 2. This problem only started a couple of days ago. BT sport sd and many other channels showing 99% to 100%. as far as I know dish has not moved and there as been no strong winds.

Dark Cloud
10-04-2015, 08:31 AM
just checked, fine here in north Lincs.
I'd try a rescan of the channels.

chalkster
10-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks for reply's guys. Did rescan still the same. Looked into further and found stb been fed by twin coaxial cable even though only 1 lnb input on box. I have swopped input to stb with a single coaxial cable fed from same lnb Signal as gone up to 75% and picture not breaking up any more. Would you say this is about right signal strength for my area (South Yorkshire) on BT Sport HD, or do I need to look into dish adjustment??? I am aware that you get a drop in signal strength when twin coax is used. With luck I can now watch Moto GP practices, in HD this afternoon.

Dark Cloud
10-04-2015, 10:33 AM
could be one of the outputs on the lnb is dying. I have had to swap a few times, then eventually it is a new lnb needed.
Ill be watching the MotoGP too.

chalkster
11-04-2015, 08:18 AM
could be one of the outputs on the lnb is dying. I have had to swap a few times, then eventually it is a new lnb needed.
Ill be watching the MotoGP too.
Thanks for info. I've ordered another one, belt and braces and all that

holmroad
11-04-2015, 09:41 AM
I too am in North Lincs/South Yorks area mate, but cant really do a 'like for like' comparison as my TM5402HD M3 is attached to a 1.1M dish with great white Sharp LNB and BT Sports HD shows nearly 90% signal (although the normal Sly channels show 97-98%)
Whilst through the small Sly dish (maybe level 2) on Slybox I 'seem' to be getting good signal here too ( but with a different LNB of course to the other setup) - but although as I don't to sub for BT Sport I cant actually measure it - however in my experience if signal were too low it would show as 'No Satellite Signal' etc!
(I could connect Slyfeed to TM5402HD to try for you - but wont if you now ok mate!)