PDA

View Full Version : amiko alien 2

3176donna
23-04-2015, 11:39 PM
hi I purchased the alien amiko 2 the other day all working the bloke said to update the ts media software I have done this now it says on all add ons like genesis that " failed to install add on install from tools" anyone know how to fix this ? do I need to reinstall the ts media software ?cheers everyone

rigsby
24-04-2015, 02:09 AM
What image are you using ?

3176donna
24-04-2015, 02:57 AM
hi buddy im not sure what image it is as it came already setup how do I check my image ?

philips
25-04-2015, 09:40 PM
I have the Alien 1 running Open ATV and spent a couple of hours trying to solve the same problem with TSmedia without success. Maybe it will be updated one day..........

3176donna
02-05-2015, 01:58 AM
it says under mine that it failed to load and to install from tools should I try doing this ? will it mess my image up?

philips
03-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Easiest way to find out what image you are running is to watch the splash screen on power up and you should see the name eg Vix, OpenATV, Hyperion etc.

Regarding TS Media, I have tried loading from the Tools menu as instructed, still without success. Have tried a different image, just the same.

3176donna
04-05-2015, 01:26 PM
cheers for that my image is a vix4 it says I hope the next tsmedia update sorts it out

Lavaman
04-05-2015, 03:07 PM
I have added the latest TSMedia 9.5 to the ViX4E2PROJECT server BUT you will need to be on the very latest version of ViX4E2PROJECT before testing which because of the big changes 'under the hood' should be a complete fresh flash and start over again (no settings restores etc.). The latest version is ViX4E2PROJECT Version 2.0 Build 001-blue. I have quickly tested this late last night and TSMedia sure installs, runs and is usable though I have only very quickly tested a few parts, iPlayer, Showbox and FilmOn so can not vouch for everything working (more likely to with TSMedia itself and/or your ISP rather than the image itself) but if anyone would like to give this a try then please load the image version just mentioned (available for the Amiko Alien Mini and Alien 2+) and provide me with some feedback. If you can not find the latest image then shout up and I will post them here a little later this evening.

3176donna
05-05-2015, 01:48 AM
I updated tsmedia to 9.5 and tried to get showbox on and it says that addon error no returned data the showbox says it ver 1.1.1 does that need a update under add ons as I can see a lot of updates should I force install the add on updates? the all in one addon comes up with a movie list but when I press ok on the movie nothing happens just says press ok to list the item then nothing happens should I be pressing the download button ? cheers for all your help

Lavaman
05-05-2015, 05:37 AM
First question, forgetting TSMedia for a second, did you update the image itself to the version suggested and start setup from scratch?

rigsby
05-05-2015, 08:31 AM
Hi Lavaman, many thanks for these images.

Can I just ask, when a new image is created, are you able to provide a small list of what's been updated since the last image.

I have looked at the Vix4 site but there is no mention of what the new image improves upon.

I am always of the brigade that if you find a good image, don't change it, so i'd like to know the improvements before I update.
I am currently using the one prior to 2.0 which is fine.

regards

Lavaman
05-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Yep sure that's exactly what I plan on doing, I decided to wait though on this until I have all the image builds released for the range of receivers covered rather than just the two and then shout about them and what's changed, but I decided to put the Alien / Alien 2 images out first off anyway being SH4 based and generally my most popular. From the end users point of view though you won't see a great deal of difference from the outside other than a new bootlogo etc., just general cosmetic stuff but underneath as with the other recent OE-Alliance based images there have been some big changes made recently so I would for sure advise at some point to upgrade to the Version 2.0 but that said if you are happy with the previous ones no need to rush out and upgrade until you are ready, the old images will remain available for now including online updates and the addons server (I spent a lot of time making sure this was the case rather than just kill it off) but development and addons updates etc. will now only be on the Version 2.0 line.

TSMedia 9.5 has been created to be compatible with the new line of OE-Alliance based images (ViX4E2PROJECT Version 2.0, OpenViX Hades, OpenATV 5.0 etc.) which is why it's important that you fresh flash the latest version from any of these ranges and then fresh install TSMedia 9.5 (not the earlier versions), this way you should get the best results.

3176donna
05-05-2015, 04:59 PM
hi lavaman no I just updated ts media to 9.5 if I use the new Image will I lose my year sub ? sorry im new to all this

rigsby
05-05-2015, 06:22 PM
hi lavaman no I just updated ts media to 9.5 if I use the new Image will I lose my year sub ? sorry im new to all this

You'll need to ensure you save all your details, & then re-enter after reflash just as you did previously.

3176donna
05-05-2015, 07:42 PM
ah no worries then I brought it all setup so wouldn't have a clue how to do that I will have to do a bit of reading !

philips
07-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Thanks for info Lavaman. You say that the Vix image version 2 is for the Alien Mini and Alien 2+. Is it OK to install it on the original Alien 1.

Many thanks.

morph1976
07-05-2015, 11:21 PM
hi guys really struggling adding oscam. I have used cccam to oscam as I could not find oscam webif. I have put the oscam.conf in etc/tuxbox/config and the oscam server in user/keys but am guessing this is not right as it does not appear to work when I start the ymod softcam. I do know that the cline works ok. I am using the latest vix4e2project. could you point me in the right direction and tell me the path for each of the different files. I am using DCC to ftp. everything else is fine, I have the channels and the bouquets, just need the oscam working and am good to go

Lavaman
09-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for info Lavaman. You say that the Vix image version 2 is for the Alien Mini and Alien 2+. Is it OK to install it on the original Alien 1.

Many thanks.

The Amiko SHD-8900 Alien and Amiko Alien Mini both use the same image so while I won't be producing one specifically for the 8900 the only thing different will be the odd bit of text branding where it calls it an Amiko Alien Mini on setup screens etc. In terms of image though they are idential, so then answer is yes it will be fine to install.

Lavaman
09-05-2015, 09:53 PM
hi guys really struggling adding oscam. I have used cccam to oscam as I could not find oscam webif. I have put the oscam.conf in etc/tuxbox/config and the oscam server in user/keys but am guessing this is not right as it does not appear to work when I start the ymod softcam. I do know that the cline works ok. I am using the latest vix4e2project. could you point me in the right direction and tell me the path for each of the different files. I am using DCC to ftp. everything else is fine, I have the channels and the bouquets, just need the oscam working and am good to go

Check out the ViX4E2PROJECT Video How To Guides for details on downloading and activating OScam ymod on the Amiko Alien / Alien 2 and accessing the web interface. You will be able to access the website interface if you follow this guide, if you can not then something is wrong. I can't personally elaborate more on setup beyond this point but will go so far as to say I really wouldn't recommend the converters or overwriting the existing OScam ymod configuration files - you don't need either of them, the ones installed will be fine and include plenty of pre-made examples for all types of setups, so it's often as easy as changing the odd few details for your own and activating.

3176donna
10-05-2015, 03:54 AM
thank you lavaman does anyone know how to turn the audio description off its seems to be stuck on a few channels ?

rigsby
10-05-2015, 08:08 AM
thank you lavaman does anyone know how to turn the audio description off its seems to be stuck on a few channels ?

Press the F1 button on the bottom row to bring up the audio options, pressing the RED button marked as Audio doesn't work for this task

Lavaman
10-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Yep remember the Amiko Alien / Alien 2 receivers are actually dual boot so the layout and markings you see on the remote control will be in relate to the default and official Spark firmware. Enigma2 will be very close to this but not always totally matching as is the case with the audio button, in Spark it'd be the red button which will be fine for Spark but in Enigma2 the coloured buttons are generally used for short cuts to something else, so as a work around the F keys on the bottom row of the remote control are used to cover other things such as audio.

Setting the audio this way per channel is perfectly fine but if you ever fully reboot the receiver (power off and mains and the power back on) Enigma2 will have forgotten these settings so you could either live this and set again or you can explore the more perminent settings which can be configured to you own tastes and will be remembered by Enigma2 until such times as you change them yourself. There are various settings but as a quick guide to point you in the right direction you can have a look in Menu > Setup > System > A/V Settings and Menu > Setup > Auto language selection.

You've probably seen the few video tutorials on various ViX4E2PROJECT setup guides our young lady has made a great job in producing but if you have any suggestions for new tutorials you'd like to see then please send me a private message with the suggestions and I'll take them on board, anything we can legally produce will be considered and hopefully added at some point!

3176donna
12-05-2015, 02:56 AM
thank you lavaman and rigsby got it turned off now !

3176donna
17-05-2015, 03:54 PM
so im going to try to update my alien 2 from version 1 to 2.0 has anyone got any ideas how to save my channel list that I paid for getting erased with the flash and is there a guide to updating them ? thank you everyone

Lavaman
17-05-2015, 11:45 PM
It seems a small error has crept into my SH4 Version 2.0 builds to do with gstreamer. I have just finished a new test build and can confirm TSMedia 9.6 is working now with iPlayer on the Amiko Alien Mini (and most likely Alien2+ but willl test this in the morning). Assuming the morning test goes OK then I will aim to have new build releases for this out by the end of the month at very latest and most likely over the next day or so work load permitting. I would suggest waiting on the release of these before going ahead with the update this time round.

Lavaman
19-05-2015, 10:47 AM
ViX4E2PROJECT Version 2.0 Build 002-blue is now available for the Amiko Alien Mini and Amiko Alien 2+ which includes an update for gstreamer H.264 encoder bug and various updates for default preset settings. TSMedia 9.6 is on the addons server and now confirmed as working with this update including iPlayer.

Build 002-blue can be downloaded as an online update direct to the receiver including settings backup and restore if required, or can be fresh flashed from USB update which can be downloaded from the usual place.

3176donna
19-05-2015, 04:12 PM
I found my updates but cant see version 2.0 only can see 1.0 on my alien 2 can anyone help ?

Lavaman
19-05-2015, 08:26 PM
You won't be able to online update from a Version 1.0 to Version 2.0 build, simply becaue there are a number of 'under the hood' changes which means backup and settings restores between one and the other are a bad idea. Normally manually backing up settings and then fresh flashing the new image before manually adding back on the settings you saved wouldn't be any real issue, you know what you've got on there and what needs saving etc. The problem you have is it's clearly not yourself that's set the receiver up and sounds like it's bought pre-configured - the problem you have now is you don't know what will need backing up in terms of softcams settings etc. as you don't know exactly what's being used, or indeed if it's even possible (if they have set any kind of passwords etc.) and it's really not a road I'd want to go down trying to advise on being totally honest, my best advice is if you are 100% sure you want to update to Version 2.0 Build 002-blue then first contact the person you purchased this from and see what they say, it's the person you purchased from that is best placed to be giving you the answers you need right now.