PDA

View Full Version : Setup Vix 4 please help

woodgate70
29-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

Just got a vu+ Duo2 and need a little help. Have managed to setup free channels and am now stuck, I want to add a cline but have read on this forum that ccam needs installing first. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Aldo
29-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Have you followed ALL of the instructions in the following Setup Procedure thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?133588-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Duo

woodgate70
29-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have read the thread, it seems to refer to BH. My question do I need to install ccam for Vix4, otherwise since BH seems to be better supported should I re flash with BH if it's better?

Nikkas
29-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Install CCcam from the ViX feeds. Menu-Plugins-Download Plugins or might also be available via the Blue button within the image.

As for BH or ViX, that is entirely a matter of personal preference. Mine is OpenATV. So there's one more for you to ponder. :D

hda5
29-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Press Menu
Select Plugins
Press Green Button
Select Softcams (will be at the bottom of the list)
Select CCCam 2.30

This is from memory so I might be slightly wrong.

Then you'll have to FTP your CCcam.cfg file to the /etc folder on the Vu+

Then restart CCcam by pressing the Blue Button
Select Softcam Manager
Select CCcam and press Yellow button (I think) to restart cam.

woodgate70
29-04-2015, 10:16 PM
I've managed to install CCcam 2.3.0 it's got a green tick and active, how do I load the c line?

^^COMPASS^^
29-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Looking at the thread title "Setup Vix 4 please help"

Woodgate may have a Clone Vu+ DUO2 & ViX4E2PROJECT Image

Flashing other images would do more harm than good.

He really needs to clarify this point before he's advised on flashing other Images

woodgate70
29-04-2015, 10:31 PM
As far as I'm aware it's not a clone, it was purchased from http://www.*****************/store/ which had a choice of images available, I spoke to them directly and Vix 4 was recommended

woodgate70
29-04-2015, 11:02 PM
C line uploaded, working ok, thanks for your help. It's a lot clearer to me now the penny has dropped lol, still a bit concerned if the box is a clone, is there anyway I can distinguish? Box purchased from ********* ***********

woodgate70
29-04-2015, 11:03 PM
C line uploaded, working ok, thanks for your help. It's a lot clearer to me now the penny has dropped lol, still a bit concerned if the box is a clone, is there anyway I can distinguish? Box purchased from

Mickha
29-04-2015, 11:38 PM
The price is generally a good indication, as is the reputation of the supplier.
The fact that they advised you install Vix 4, rather than Black Hole, might be another clue, latest images of Black Hole are known to kill clone receivers.
You ould always check with VU+, they could advise you on ways to check, inluding any serial/identification numbers.

http://vuplus.com/sub/main.php

Burnham
30-04-2015, 01:29 PM
There is no Vix4 image from the Vix people. I would guess that it is a image adapted to work on clone boxes.