PDA

View Full Version : Best Image available for VU+ Solo2 in 2015 - VIX / BlackHole / ???

DarkNet
06-05-2015, 04:19 PM
What is the best and latest image available for VU+ Solo2 in 2015? I have OpenPLI installed and I would like to know whether there is any other good option available for me - Features, Stability, performance etc.

I want to move away from Open PLI as it is giving me troubles. When I scan channels get listed in the channel list and when I try to play it for some of the channels I am getting the error "Service not Found, (SID not found in PAT) etc.

Should I go for BlackHole or VIX?

Dark Cloud
06-05-2015, 04:30 PM
just down to personal preference, I've tried quite a few and have settled on Openvix with the Ultra Blue skin which gives the look of a SŁy box.
BlackHole was good too with no problems.

DarkNet
06-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Would I be able to insert cccam.cfg in VIX?

Dark Cloud
06-05-2015, 07:03 PM
with vix , cams are in the plugin downloads section, so no need to ftp etc.

DarkNet
06-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Thanks DarkCloud...

den123
06-05-2015, 07:33 PM
I have vix mate had props at first. Think that was me all good now

heyho
06-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm with Darkcloud. Love the Openvix/Blue-HD combo

DarkNet
06-05-2015, 07:42 PM
I finished installing OpenVIX now. Now scanning for channels on 28.2E. Some of the scan screen area seems to be outside the TV screen. The initial screen was fine though. Let me wait for the scan to complete. Any idea how to fit the screen to TV screen?

Dark Cloud
06-05-2015, 08:43 PM
yes, it can be adjusted in the menu, can't tell you know as Mrs Cloud, the Geordie, has the remote and George Gently is on.

^^COMPASS^^
06-05-2015, 11:19 PM
I finished installing OpenVIX now. Now scanning for channels on 28.2E. Some of the scan screen area seems to be outside the TV screen. The initial screen was fine though. Let me wait for the scan to complete. Any idea how to fit the screen to TV screen?

How to edit the OSD

Menu, Setup, System, User Interface, Position Setup

when you say you are scannng for channels on 28.2E
If you haven't already you may wish to setup AutoBouquetsMaker

Menu, Setup, Service Searching, AutoBouquetsMaker,

heyho
07-05-2015, 07:50 AM

I found on my 32" Sharp TV that changing from 1080p to 1080i was the only way to rectify this issue. At 1080p on screen menus were cut off but when I selected 1080i everything displayed fine.

Nikkas
07-05-2015, 09:53 AM
When you've tried the rest, try the best........OpenATV all the way! Everything just works out of the box and it is far more configurable & abusable than ViX or BH. :D

gibson
07-05-2015, 12:32 PM
I'll agree with Nikkas with that. Recently changed from Blackhole 2.1.5 to Open ATV and very pleased with the result.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

rasp
07-05-2015, 08:01 PM
What is the best and latest image available for VU+ Solo2 in 2015? I have OpenPLI installed and I would like to know whether there is any other good option available for me - Features, Stability, performance etc.

I want to move away from Open PLI as it is giving me troubles. When I scan channels get listed in the channel list and when I try to play it for some of the channels I am getting the error "Service not Found, (SID not found in PAT) etc.

Should I go for BlackHole or VIX?

"Service not Found, (SID not found in PAT) etc. All that means is the channels is not transmitting at that time nothing to do with the image same would happen on any image

simon 2003
08-05-2015, 04:42 PM
torn between blackhole and vix ,like the universes on Blackhole ,but vix is decent also with all the fine tuning you can make to the settings .

Mickha
08-05-2015, 04:57 PM
You can make quite a few changes in Black Hole, go into cutomise, and change the heading to expert, that allows you a number of extra, useful, options.

dniestre
09-05-2015, 11:14 PM
OpenVix Hades it's very good image!

regards

Nikkas
10-05-2015, 12:53 AM
OpenVix Hades it's very good image!

regards

It'll be even better when they fix YouTube TV and iron out the other niggles but if the ViX XBMC Edition is anything to go by we'll be waiting a while. :D

At least the plugins render well with the ViX HD skin.

The new OpenSPA 4 is the best ever but it too suffers the issues with YT above which they inform us has to do with gestreamer and yet the same version exists on BH215 and YT TV works perfectly as it does also in ATV.

Really would like to find a fix as I really luv this release of OpenSPA.

Satcat
10-05-2015, 06:36 PM
It'll be even better when they fix YouTube TV and iron out the other niggles but if the ViX XBMC Edition is anything to go by we'll be waiting a while. :D

I use Kodidirect on my solo2 on vix. No probs with YT, and plenty more.

seagate1
11-05-2015, 04:12 AM
I've always used bh on my vu boxes. I have tried other images. but always go back to bh and in my opinion its the best image. thank you.