PDA

View Full Version : updating with new maps for android ?

holmroad
19-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks Russell, but assume still await an android file for mobiles?

Russell1
20-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Thanks Russell, but assume still await an android file for mobiles?

As always - I will post them as soon as I get them.

Russell1
20-05-2015, 07:26 AM
This activation tool has an option (no.8) to activate a map for Android, so the latest v950.6492 map should work ok.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/79g7esh3p4nx/Latest-FastActivate%20May%202015.rar

I am slowly getting the android map, but with download limits and having to go to work it will probably take me a day or two to get it

holmroad
20-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks again Russell1, will see how I get on with the above, but maybe best to wait for the 'real McCoy' which has been so good in the past!
NB: To try the above do I first d/l the first link in post one, then use this (No. 8) to activate it?

Russell1
20-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Yes use the first map & then try to activation tool. Nothing to lose really - if it doesn't work the android version I'm grabbing now now will be uploaded as soon as I've finished getting it, but I think I'll try with the activation tool first as it is usually a quicker way to get the latest map if it works.

holmroad
20-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Cheers Russell, its just that all that's in the folder for the first link in post 1 is a list of maps and m e t a s, so not really sure exactly how to use the activation folder in conjunction with it mate!

Russell1
21-05-2015, 06:47 AM
Connect device to PC
Delete old map folder from device
Copy new map folder to device
Run activation tool (update me ta first) -this can either be on PC or device using PC.

To be able to use the new postcode files
Rename the file named
Great_Britain.Postal
to
postal_GBR.ttd
Copy just this file into the map folder on device (you do not need the other postcode file).

holmroad
21-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Connect device to PC - no probs!
Delete old map folder from device - Is this the folder named 'tomtom' in phone memory?
Copy new map folder to device - when open 'your' United King & Rep of of Ireland 950 6492 unpacked RAR folder its a list - so do I simply replace tomtom in device memory above with unpacked folder? Confused sorry!

Run activation tool (update me ta first) -this can either be on PC or device using PC. Will do after above!

To be able to use the new postcode files
Rename the file named
Great_Britain.Postal - where is it pls?
to
postal_GBR.ttd
Copy just this file into the map folder on device (you do not need the other postcode file).

Sorry Russell1, but once into this with your brill checklist I'm not certain 'which' or 'where' exact folders/files you mean mate!

Russell1
21-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Map folder is named the same as other tomtom map folders :-
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland

Just use windows explorer to look through your tomtom
Tomtom\Android\TT UK & IR Android v.950.6492\tomtom\com.tomtom.ukir eland\files\United_Kingdom_and_Re public_of_Ireland

any spurious spaces in the above are a forum issue and should not be in the actual folder name

The postcode files are posted in the same post as the v950 maps

Russell1
22-05-2015, 06:06 AM
Finally managed to get all the 'android' version that is available and in the download is the fastactivate tools, so I'm guessing that whoever uploaded it has just used it to activate them map. Also the map does not have the postcode file.
So I will wait for another android version before I upload it, and I will try to use the fastactivate tool this weekend.

holmroad
22-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks a million Russell1, I think I'll wait for your android version when you have it mate!!
Thanks again for your great work!

Russell1
23-05-2015, 12:07 PM
I've got this one working on my phone (Android - UK & RoI v950.6492) :-

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6qubcdfriprb/TT%20UK%20%26%20IR%20Android%20v. 950.6492.zip
I have also put the latest postcode file into the map folder.

I did try just to add the new UK & RoI map to the tomtom folder & tried to activate it with FastActivate, but got something wrong I guess cos it would not work. So I copied all the files from the above download & ran the .apk file. All working now & this time I did not lose any home or favourite settings :)

holmroad
27-05-2015, 12:44 AM
Thanks a million Russell1, I missed this post as been away & out of touch here past two days - so hopefully all my prayers will be answered with your usual brilliant help mate - downloading as I post!:respect-055: