PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo2 is totally unresponsive

orm
25-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Hi,
My Vu+Duo2 has suddenly stopped being responsive. All I get is the Vix start up screen, with the light streaming into the cave, a spinning VIX on the left hand side and a box along the bottom with the red green yellow and blue circles saying "single EPG, Timers, Search and Extensions" respectively. The time is stuck saying 01.00.50 and the date says Thu 01/01/70.

The two displays on the front of the machine are completely off, although when trying to reboot they come on then disappears. An error log comes on the screen but goes quite quickly so cannot really read it.

Nothing works using the remote buttons.

If I open up Lee's control centre, it takes a few minutes before I can get connected to the stb, but anything I try, settings back up, upload channel list etc. results in the spinning wheel and "not responding"

Can anyone help me please. I know I needed to update my image to the new Hades release, but quite scared of bricking the unit when it is in this state.

Best regards

scallywag
25-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Have you put anything new on it? If so try DCC and see if you can delete it or at the very least see if you can back files up.

echelon
25-05-2015, 02:22 PM
you said its a duo but have posted in the duo2 section

so which is it please ? a duo or a duo2

if its a duo I will move the thread, otherwise please edit your post accordingly

thanks

clipper
25-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Hi,
My Vu+Duo has suddenly stopped being responsive. All I get is the Vix start up screen, with the light streaming into the cave, a spinning VIX on the left hand side and a box along the bottom with the red green yellow and blue circles saying "single EPG, Timers, Search and Extensions" respectively. The time is stuck saying 01.00.50 and the date says Thu 01/01/70.

The two displays on the front of the machine are completely off, although when trying to reboot they come on then disappears. An error log comes on the screen but goes quite quickly so cannot really read it.

Nothing works using the remote buttons.

If I open up Lee's control centre, it takes a few minutes before I can get connected to the stb, but anything I try, settings back up, upload channel list etc. results in the spinning wheel and "not responding"

Can anyone help me please. I know I needed to update my image to the new Hades release, but quite scared of bricking the unit when it is in this state.

Best regards
i have found the vu models are more or less bullet proof

i would try flashing the official firmware from the vu download site
and use the 2.1 images, check the left hand side of the page for the image for your box

http://code.vuplus.com/

and see if that clears the problem then flash a new image of your choice

orm
25-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi Sorry, it is a Vu+duo 2. I have not added anything to it and sorry,do not know what DCC is.

I will try to re-flash and let you know

Best regards

echelon
25-05-2015, 05:18 PM
DCC is Dreambox Control Centre , an ftp and telnet program (plus other duties)

DBedit is Dreamboxedit (used to load or save channel lists) - also used to edit existing channel lists (settings)

Dreamset is another dreambox (or linux boxes like the vu) channel editor / loader

VuCC is another useful tool including an ftp program (filezilla) - by Lee as you say

many dreambox tools and programs can be used on VU linux boxes

I will amend post #1 and the title to show its a duo2 , not a duo

bellejt
26-05-2015, 11:04 AM
on startup does it say V2 in the VFD ? If not you will need to flash new bootloader also.Same way as a normal flash.

orm
26-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi, I have flashed the receiver with 2.1. Do I have to go through setting it up with positioner etc. before installing the new image?

Best regards

Mickha
26-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Install your preferred image then set up your motor, and other preferences.

hianta
26-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Hi, I have flashed the receiver with 2.1. Do I have to go through setting it up with positioner etc. before installing the new image?

Best regards

Hi?
just to try to help?
If the box goes wonky- re- boot and If that's no use?
You start from scratch?
So download Image (to be safe) and reload ? let the box do the rest.
Then set up the box again?
Yes I know -- pain In the rear ?

orm
27-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Hi,

I am having problems installing the new image. I unzipped the Open VIX Hades 10 on usb stick, and re-flashed. The update message came on and after pressing the button the image was read and installed. However when re-booting there is no image, just the 2.1 screens. For the life of me I cannot see what I am doing wrong. The image seems to have been installed correctly but nowhere to be found. Even looked in the setup of 2.1 and system, scrolled down to skins and it is not an option. I have tried many times to install with no success. Any ideas? Also, just another question, what is the best resolution for the settings, 720, 1080 etc?

Best regards

DCG
27-05-2015, 08:32 PM
is this an original box or a clone ?

echelon
27-05-2015, 08:36 PM
depends on the tv abilities as to the resolution chosen

if in doubt use 720p

if its capable of 1080p then try 1080p

so

the best resolution for the settings = the best resolution the tv can handle

hianta
27-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I am having problems installing the new image. I unzipped the Open VIX Hades 10 on usb stick, and re-flashed. The update message came on and after pressing the button the image was read and installed. However when re-booting there is no image, just the 2.1 screens. For the life of me I cannot see what I am doing wrong. The image seems to have been installed correctly but nowhere to be found. Even looked in the setup of 2.1 and system, scrolled down to skins and it is not an option. I have tried many times to install with no success. Any ideas? Also, just another question, what is the best resolution for the settings, 720, 1080 etc?

Best regards

If you press menu and info it will tell you what image you are running? You will have to set up the box again to the way you like it? after that you can check for updates by going into Vix/ image manager/ downloads. (presuming vix is similar on dou and dou 2)

EDIT- Some info (using Vu+dou)
I just updated from Hades 5 to 10 takes me a wile to download on VU but after that, you exit and goto image manager and restore the new file 10. I got a root error message and powered off and on again and went to image manager and tried again this time flashed no problem. Reloaded my saved enigma2 and plugin settings and now have Hades 10. If you don't have a Hades backup you need to start from scratch as the Apollo backup are no use for this image..

orm
28-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Hi,
It says

Version: 2015-04-22-vuplus_experimental
Image: Experimental 2015-05-12

The stb is one of Lee's finest , so not a clone.

I have a 55" curved samsung 4k tv so still unsure what resolution I should set it at.

Best regards

DCG
28-05-2015, 12:23 AM
I would try the 1080i

and if from lee its genuine

hianta
28-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Hi,
It says

Version: 2015-04-22-vuplus_experimental
Image: Experimental 2015-05-12

The stb is one of Lee's finest , so not a clone.

I have a 55" curved samsung 4k tv so still unsure what resolution I should set it at.

Best regards

Yes sorry orm , I getting a bit mixed up lol ( as usual) You are trying to install Hages 10 on your VU+Dou 2 From an image 2.1?
Try downloading again? -http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo2/
and go through the install procedure again?
might be usb stick or file corrupted?