PDA

View Full Version : House extension may need cable extended?

chopper1
13-06-2015, 10:27 AM
We are having an extra room in a House extension, im not sure if the existing satellite cable from my twin lnb will be long enough?
will picture or sound quality suffer if i have to join a couple of metres to the existing cable or would i have to fit a new longer 2nd cable for the bedroom?
many thanks

echelon
13-06-2015, 10:53 AM
should be no problem, just use a back to back f connector barrel to join the f connectors together

if you do have any problems, run a new length in

bbeef
16-06-2015, 02:08 PM
That's what I did was really easy to do. The barrel cost a couple of quid..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyO
17-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Insulate the joint if its outside with amalgamating tape to stop moisture getting in, most of mine aren't and still work, luck so far.

Barney
17-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Just Give yourself plenty of slack because its best to allow yourself enuff to cut and stick a new F Connector on sometime in future .. 1 joint never does any harm when done right its only when you go beyond 1 joint you'll get picture loss , pixelations etc..
ive had 1 joint in a 40meter cable length for years and it never did any harm dish still moves and works just fine .
luckily my joint is in the attic and cant get wet .
When outside tape it up well use the Barrel joint its only a few pence stick 2 F Connectors on tape it well and job is done its very simple to do it right
but will be a real mess if done half a$$ed .
good luck : )