PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Configuration

smp8
16-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Evening all

I currently have Duo2 with 4 tuners. Tuners A & B set up on a 28.2e fixed dish and Tuner C on a motorised dish (diseqc positioner) with Tuner D as second cable from the motorised. I was thinking of adding a second fixed dish on 39e with a diseqc switch together with Tuner D cable (can't get 39e on the motorised).

My thoughts were to set all the motorised positions as LNB2 for the motorised cable and the 39e fixed as LNB 3.

Does anyone know if this would work or if there's a different configuration?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Mickha
16-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Which image are you running?
From memory, to set up a fixed, and motorized, dish, in Black Hole, you use the advanced option, in Tuner set up, and use the diseqc options.

smp8
17-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Morning Mickha

Sorry. I'm running Vix image.

Jimdefruit
17-06-2015, 10:56 AM
It would work fine on any image. Just leave tuners A, B and C setup as at present.
Connect tuner D to the output of a diseqc switch and then connect the two diseqc switch inputs to the second motorised dish cable and to the new fixed 39E dish cable.
The setup for tuner D would change from its existing "same as tuner C" to diseqc A and B switching

smp8
17-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks Jimdefruit.

smp8
19-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Hi Gents
I've set up my fixed dish and got everything working.....sort of. When I go into the tuner settings and change to simple>Diseqc A/B>automatic (ports A and B) and save the settings, it scans both ports and assigns the satellites they're pointing at. ie Port A is assigned to the satellite that the motorised dish is pointing at at the time of the scan and Port B to the new fixed dish.

What I'd like to do is allow Port A to change as the motorised dish changes instead of staying on the satellite assigned at the time of set up. Anyone any ideas

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks.

smp8
19-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Finally got it sorted using the advanced settings.

Cheers.