PDA

View Full Version : no epg for movies

fourteen0407
18-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Hi all. Was looking for some help with epg.

I have followed all the guides and advice from you guys and eventually got the movie channels working.

But there is very limited epg ob them. Every other channel has perfect epg but only a couple of movie channels have epg. The rest are blank. Ive tried updating cross epg but no luck.

Thankyou

catseye
18-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Hi all. Was looking for some help with epg.

I have followed all the guides and advice from you guys and eventually got the movie channels working.

But there is very limited epg ob them. Every other channel has perfect epg but only a couple of movie channels have epg. The rest are blank. Ive tried updating cross epg but no luck.

Thankyou

Its because they have changed transponders recently
You could do a full rescan on 28.2 sat & select clear before scan option

echelon
18-06-2015, 10:10 PM
as reported here 2 days ago

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162175-Sky-UK-28-2-East-Latest-Changes/page10

you have to keep your channel list up to date, which is difficult at the moment due to all the changes going on

so if the channels are not correct, the epg wont be either

fourteen0407
19-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the response guys. I believe ive got the latest channel list which is catseye's and changed settings to get the movies. So I can't do anything about the movies epg?

echelon
19-06-2015, 08:53 AM
catseyes is the latest list but the movies transponder changed since he published it

until his newest list comes out you will have to remove the old channels and scan in the new ones and then add them into the bouquets AS WELL !

until you do this the epg will not show for the movies as it wont show for the old channels AND I DOUBT YOU HAVE ADDED THE NEW ONES INTO THE LIST YET

once you have done this, refresh the epg list so it takes account of the new channels in the old places

scanning the transponder only adds them to the main list, it doesnt add them into the bouquets, which is why you use the remote or use a channel editor to add them from the main list into the movies section of the bouquets

you are new to this, so assume user error ;)

fourteen0407
20-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Thank you for your help as ever

Nikkas
20-06-2015, 03:21 PM
This doesn't always work but it did for the movies and other recent Freq/FEC changes. I simply updated the existing transponder data within my channel editor and that way did not lose the EPG at all. I'm sure I'll be in for it once the EPG guys update for the new channels but till then I'm a happy chappy. :)