PDA

View Full Version : loopout problem

katy123
22-06-2015, 02:20 PM
hi all, my friend has a problem looping out his dreambox too spiderbox 6000hd,his c**** gift will not work upstairs
looping out .he has his 6000hd hard wired ,his iks and iptv work upstairs .his gift wont saying scrambled ,in network
it shows cards and green light .his dish setup is motorised.
he takes his 6000 downstairs loops out from dreambox and
his c**** works .he has even tried another long coax lead from dreambox to 6000 upstairs to eliminate he has fault
with loop coax .he can view freesat .it just seems when long coax from loopout goes upstairs power is lost and gift
wont clear .any help much appreciated ,doin my head in
regards:banghead:

i have even had his box at mine looping out and it worked

Aldo
22-06-2015, 06:09 PM
You have not stated how long that your friend has had the spiderbox 6000, the so called gift channels only last for 12 months, from the date of activation, you can check for the expiry date by going to Menu -> Others - > Network -> Press OK -> IKS -> Press OK -> check the details for expiry date and also connection status.

katy123
22-06-2015, 06:15 PM
You have not stated how long that your friend has had the spiderbox 6000, the so called gift channels only last for 12 months, from the date of activation, you can check for the expiry date by going to Menu -> Others - > Network -> Press OK -> IKS -> Press OK -> check the details for expiry date and also connection status.

its his gift on 28 thats not working ,his iks is working .
i stated that .

katy123
22-06-2015, 06:19 PM
i really think he has a faulty plug upstairs,
all works downstairs ,and is ok here ,i was
once told never use a multi gangplug as it
can affect your cc*** ,dont know how true
that is

renibacterium
22-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Is this a case of Dreambox on downstairs stopping upstairs Spiderbox controlling LNB ?

Is the Dreambox in standby? What happens if you turn off the Dreambox (disconnect from mains power) ?

katy123
23-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Is this a case of Dreambox on downstairs stopping upstairs Spiderbox controlling LNB ?

Is the Dreambox in standby? What happens if you turn off the Dreambox (disconnect from mains power) ?

hi all thanks for replies ,everything is setup correctly ,as i say only thing left
is dodgey plug socket upstairs .have told him to try everthing again downstairs
with a extenstion lead ,if it works ok off extention lead move it upstairs ,will
wait for him to try .i will post back findings

katy123
23-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Are you using home plugs?

no hard wired downstairs and upstairs ,still say its his plug socket

katy123
24-06-2015, 01:30 PM
hi all,
think problem might be solved !,he took out ethernet cable from router to dreambox
and his c**** cleared and box is now working upstairs ,he has tried different ethernet
cable to see if it was faulty ,but was just the same ,
so now he is looping out from dreambox
to upstairs using wifi with ,and ethernet disabled from dreambox ,dont ask me how but it works

echelon
24-06-2015, 05:03 PM
if he was using DHCP = ON for all these devices it can explain these kind of issues

best option (if not done or tried), is fix the dreambox ip address manually , somewhere between say 50 and 100 on his lan

lets assume its on 50 , so say 192.168.0.50 or whatever address code is in use

now try the spiderbox on fixed ip 60 , so 192.168.0.60 , or whatever addressing codes are used

this method ensures the dm is always on 50 and the spider on 60 , then keep going with say a vu on 70 , android box on 80 , etc etc blah blah

this is usually where the router and gateway are 192.168.0.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

note, some routers like BT hubs for infinity use other addresses

the hub is on 192.168.1.254

so the dm would be on say 192.168.1.50

the spider would be on 192.168.1.60

the vu would be on say 192.168.1.70

the android box on 192.168.1.80

so only the last two lots of digits change

so you have to tailor the above to match the addressing the router employs , but are giving each box its own ip address