PDA

View Full Version : 1600 firmware questions

Wibs
30-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I have had a good tour around the site forums and subforums, and done a bit of searching, but I am still left with a few questions:

1) I cannot find any definitive list of the extra facilities that the patched 1600 firmware has, over and above what the factory firmware provides, apart from the brief details in the firmware section above. Are there any notes somewhere, or is the brief details in the thread above all that there is?

2) I am also a bit confused over the firmware version, latest is 1.6.41, but in the thread above echelon refers to the 'latest release' being 1.63.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160937-Icecrypt-S1600C-HD-patched-firmware

What is this the latest release of? If it is additional software of some sort, and internet access is not available, then how can this software be downloaded and installed on the 1600?

3) Is there any 'how to' notes on the Icecrypt 1600, including screenshots to aid the explanation on updating the firmware, inputting BISS codes, etc? (I think this would be a useful Sticky).

I apologise in advance if the answers to the above questions are already in the forum somewhere, but if someone can point me to them it would be much appreciated.

Wibs

echelon
30-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi,

2) I am also a bit confused over the firmware version, latest is 1.6.41, but in the thread above echelon refers to the 'latest release' being 1.63.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160937-Icecrypt-S1600C-HD-patched-firmware

What is this the latest release of? If it is additional software of some sort, and internet access is not available, then how can this software be downloaded and installed on the 1600?

Wibs

post moved to its own thread in the icecrypt discussions section

my comment was made 3 months ago, so just like a newspaper was current on that day, its now ancient history ;)

check the dates stuff is posted and take it in context , so relevant then does not mean its relevant now

I dont have your box, so cannot comment further other than about my comments that you queried

Wibs
03-07-2015, 12:58 PM
deleted

echelon
03-07-2015, 01:27 PM
1600 upgrade issues

Whenever I go to FTP Upgrade and connect, it says "Connect to server failed!", and that is either through my wi-fi or by connecting directly to the router by ethernet :(

as mentioned in reply to your pm, I dont have your box, so I know nothing about it other than what I have read in various threads and only seek as admin to keep the firmware threads tidy and with relevant info at the time it arrives

you will have to wait for like minded owners here to answer you , or possibly coldasice to answer you on the forum, possibly in this thread

I have moved your firmware thread queries into this one for clarity as we dont allow discussions in the firmware forum, its for files only, no chat , and the forum does not allow support by pm either

thank you

cj1558
04-07-2015, 03:58 PM
if its says connect to server failed?
which server
server name Online Server
ftp://icecrypt.net/
no