PDA

View Full Version : Help needed finding Intelsat 907 channels

Wibs
02-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Hi guys,

I got an Icecrypt S1600CHD receiver, and loaded the latest custom firmware.

I then found the Intelsat 907 at 27.5 degW entry in the satellite table, and noticed that there were two entries for the TP Index, neither of which was 11495/44100, so I added that.

I then used the 1407 menu to access the BBC BISS entry, and typed in the latest BISS code (starting with D5 on the usual sites, but I have seen on the Satpimps site the latest code starts with 85, can someone confirm)

I then did a single scan but it found no channels, TV or Radio, using either BISS code.

Have I missed a step, or has the BISS code changed?

When on 11495/44100 I am getting 89% Signal Strength and 77% Quality.

Any suggestions welcomed

Thanks

Wibs

Wibs
02-07-2015, 08:43 PM
OK, to answer my own questions.

What I missed was in the TP Scan, I had left the PID Search on the default AUTO, and when I changed this to BBC all the channels appeared.
The D5 BISS code is the current one as of today, not the 85 code in the SatPimps list.

Hope this helps someone else

Wibs

dave1234
07-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Hi Wibs
I have never used and icecrypt box to do this but I think there are 2 issues. 1) Does your box see the 11495 transponder & 2) Is your box having seen the tp is able to tune to it. With my technomate box on the sat setup menu when you select Intelsat 907 you can click through the tps when you get to the 11495 tp you can see if you box is getting this transponder, a blue bar. (I suppose that there is an equivalent system on the icecrypt) When you tell your box to scan the tp you should see a list of the channels found eg bbc 1 bbc2 itv etc ( again I hope its similar on the icecrypt ) If this happens great. Try clicking on a channel. If you get scrambled channel thats great entering the BISS code should then clear the channel . If you fail on 1) Realign your dish, If you fail to get channel list on 2 ) try entering the tuning data using the "Clarke tec" editor lots of info on the internet. Hope this helps!

Galpharm
25-08-2015, 02:20 PM
All of your post helped me. I live near Guadiaro, in Spain and at first used the Spanish 60cm. dish which only produced a 5% strength signal when pointed at the best spot on Intelsat 907 and no channels.
At first with the 85cm. dish there was 89% strength and 51% quality and the channels appeared but wouldnt decode, until I fiddled with the skew (25 minutes past the hour looking from back of dish), and locked the dish in the middle of the satfinder beeper range for the azimuth setting. Then I very delicately moved the elevation up and down using the satfinder beeper until the dish was in the middle of a loud beep. The first transponder had to be edited manually as you said above, to 11495/44100. I then did a blind search using BBC PID. Getting an 85c.m. dish enabled readings of 91% strength and 79% quality and all the channels unscrambled with the BBC Biss code. Then 10 birthdays at once, when live U.K. television appeared.
It is not easy, but well worth it.

villamarre
26-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I have found that the skew and quality are really important when decoding this satellite,strength can go down by quite a bit and be OK as long as the qual is above 66/70% otherwise you get scrambled and the signal cannot be decoded.make sure you mark up location on brackets so that if it moves you can realign virtually straight away,I always write the levels down as well so that you can see if anything has changed easily in the future.

Wibs
26-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I was getting 62% quality, with az/el and skew all peaked, and was decoding the channels OK. However, according to the calculations the Eb/No should be better than that, so I tried the last variable, the focal point. I slackened the LNB clamp and moved the LNB fully away from the dish, then back towards the dish 2 or 3mm at a time and noted the quality readings. It peaked at 77%, just a couple of mm nearer the dish than it started off from. 77% is much more like it, and I am getting good rain fade margin now, with only the heavy downpours knocking off the reception.

As Asda says, Every Little Helps ;)