PDA

View Full Version : kodi +ip address

forest
19-07-2015, 06:07 PM
hi
does anybody know, when you open kodi (either on pc or tv box) if your ip address is available to others.
let me explain if for example I open kodi program on my pc then go to an add on (lets say genesis) and view a movie is my pc/router ip there for all to see?
obviously my isp knows but would any 3rd party know?
likewise when I use my streaming box?
I have friends who have sky broadband and they have received letters informing them sky have had to release personal details after receiving lawyers instructions who were acting for several copyright offences from several film companies. they are being told to pay fines or go to court?
bit worrying don't you think?

ozzsurf
19-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Private Internet Access
VPN Tunnel

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com

ford
18-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Not really m8
Get a VPN, and put it in the DNS field of your Router.
Most of the ISP's are full of wind, and ****!

hi
does anybody know, when you open kodi (either on pc or tv box) if your ip address is available to others.
let me explain if for example I open kodi program on my pc then go to an add on (lets say genesis) and view a movie is my pc/router ip there for all to see?
obviously my isp knows but would any 3rd party know?
likewise when I use my streaming box?
I have friends who have sky broadband and they have received letters informing them sky have had to release personal details after receiving lawyers instructions who were acting for several copyright offences from several film companies. they are being told to pay fines or go to court?
bit worrying don't you think?