PDA

View Full Version : new to spiderbox

maroc
20-07-2015, 08:14 PM
hi guys

im new to the whole spiderbox thing and got my hands on a 9000hd i know its old but got it cheap :P
anyway i only seem to have the basic freeview channels.
i thought it was supposed to be more than just the basic??
do i need to update the box or download anything from the net??
and what is this c.line? do you need to pay for that ?
sorry for sounding like a total noob (i am though) lol
please guys any help would be very helpful

cheers

Maroc

echelon
20-07-2015, 08:39 PM
please read the rules, c lines are not talkied about on here, but yes you are correct

if you load the latest 9000 softcam from compass, you can obtain those channels opened by that softcam, like some of bulsat on 39e if you have a motorised setup

you can also download the latest biss key file and add any biss keys for the channels opened by biss keys (read the biss keys txt file)

so

free to air = yes

channels opened by softcam ? = yes

channels opened by biss keys ? = yes

anything else ? = no , not without subs to whoever , which we dont talk about , lol

maroc
20-07-2015, 09:07 PM
lol thanks for the reply but omg you have confused me even more now lol
i do not have a motorised dish i only have the sky dish with the hd cables on it
i would be willing to pay for said subs if its giving me more than freeview channels if needed
and very sowwy for that which must not be named i will do more homework on that lol
do i download all this stuff through the box or on the web?i have an external hdd for storage that i use for the box
sorry for being a complete noob but ive had sky for 15 years now so not used to all this

cheers

Maroc

echelon
20-07-2015, 09:24 PM
you need to read the TUTORIALS and FAQ section here , its has everything you need to know , including how to patch the box , and how to get the best from it too

the spiderbox sub-forum with the patched firmware will have the last available software for your box (dated 29 march 2012)

also in the spiderbox sub-forums the channel list section will have a july 2015 channel list for your box , to get it up to date

the softcams and biss keys are no good to you for 28.2e

so without what you said you needed earlier ;) , no other channels will open (the scrambled ones)

but we dont allow discussions on that aspect as its a well known uk broadcaster and is illegal to watch pay tv channels without a valid subscription

its also clearly mentioned in the forum rules here too

no problem with you being new, but we have all the info, tutorials and faq (plus many other threads on the subject) here for free , so read up and learn the topic, as its been done to death over the years for your old box

so make sure system info says 29 march 2012 , patch it if its older

load the compass channel list if you need one

after that its read the tutorials and go elsewhere for the "extras" you need (because you wont find them here, nor any help on finding them either)

you are not going to learn this topic in 5 minutes, maybe not 5 hours or 5 days, its a steep learning curve for a newbie

but the info is here, although you may not understand any of it

good luck

maroc
20-07-2015, 09:47 PM
ok man nice one thanks so much for the pointers i will start at the bottom and work my way up

cheers again

Maroc