PDA

View Full Version : Kodi Build

stanif29
22-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Good Morning to all.

I am looking for a good quality Kodi build full of addons.

Any ideas....

David

hda5
22-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Better to add your own add-ons onto your current Kodi installation.

Download and install Wookie. Wookie has got everything you need!

http://wookie.metalkettle.co

You'll need to enter the following username & password before you can install it.

Username: free
Password: 1234

How to Install Wookie on Kodi.

Wookie requires a clean Kodi installation prior to installing so go into Android Settings -> Apps -> Kodi and clear data before installing.

This will clear all your pe-installed Kodi apps and leave you with a clean fresh Kodi.

Launch Kodi.

Select System -> File Manager

Select Add Source

Click on <None>

Enter the URL for wookie which is http://wookie.metalkettle.co

Click on Done

Enter a name for wookie, in this example I’ve called it Wookie , click DONE

Click OK

Go back to the Kodi Home Page

Click System

Select Add-ons

Select Install from zip file

Select Wookie

Select wookie.zip

Wait until you see the box appear at the bottom right of the screen displaying “Wookie Add-on enabled”

Select Videos > Add-Ons

Highlight Wookie but don't click OK

Open the Context Menu (C on keyboard or button on remote control with three horizontal lines)

Select Add-on settings

Enter the following for the Username & Password and select OK after entering each details.

Select Wookie

Select Kodi Devices

Select Continue

Once Wookie has installed it will ask you to remove power to the device. Don't press OK or anything on the remote just unplug from the mains power then plug back in again.

Once your device has booted, select Kodi and you'll be wookied up to the max, baby!

squiddo
22-07-2015, 03:25 PM
And there is a new Kodi 15.0 out today.

nml
22-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Wow what a great addon just tried it on Kodi for windows and it makes life so easy. I installed the UK tv addon and immediately all of the addons that matter are there.
So simple to install, what a great find.
Thank You,
nml

seagate1
22-07-2015, 04:38 PM

You'll need to enter the following username & password before you can install it.

Wookie requires a clean Kodi installation prior to installing so go into Android Settings -> Apps -> Kodi and clear data before installing.

This will clear all your pe-installed Kodi apps and leave you with a clean fresh Kodi.

Launch Kodi.

Select Add Source

Click on <None>

Click on Done

Enter a name for wookie, in this example I’ve called it Wookie

Click OK

Click System

Select Add-ons

Select Wookie

Select wookie.zip

Wait until you see the box appear at the bottom right of the screen displaying “Wookie Add-on enabled”

Select Videos > Add-Ons

Open the Context Menu (C on keyboard or button on remote control with three horizontal lines)

Select Add-on settings

Enter the following for the Username & Password and select OK after entering each details.

Select Wookie

Select Kodi Devices

Select Continue

Once Wookie has installed it will ask you to remove power to the device. Don't press OK or anything on the remote just unplug from the mains power then plug back in again.

Once your device has booted, select Kodi and you'll be wookied up to the max, baby!

thank you hda5, i hope you dont mind heres the addon just install from zip thank you.

chippy
22-07-2015, 04:47 PM
could you please tell me if it is worth installing onto my vusolo2, or do you think it would not work correctly. thanks again for your help as ever guys

seagate1
22-07-2015, 04:51 PM
just try it. i dont use kodi on my stb, but im sure you can install from zip. thanks hda5 brilliant addon.

chippy
22-07-2015, 05:10 PM
i can install wookie but im getting script failed at the end. i have not been able to clear kodi data on my stb box though, because i dont know how. oh well.

hda5
23-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Wookie installs and works brilliantly on the MyGica ATV582 Android TV box available from Goldwafers.
https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/MyGica-ATV582-Quad-Core-Android-TV-Box-Kodi-XBMC-NetFlix.html

seagate1
23-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Wookie installs and works brilliantly on the MyGica ATV582 Android TV box available from Goldwafers.
https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/MyGica-ATV582-Quad-Core-Android-TV-Box-Kodi-XBMC-NetFlix.html

i think i might buy this box, ive put this on 2 android boxes i own. plus windows 7 and neo64 windows 8.1. cannot fault it for a addon there's that many come and go, it works ok on all versions 14.2/15.0 and smpc. now the only reason im thinking about it is i have 4k tv so how long will it be before it is used on the likes of kodi. i know there is nothing in 4k but this box supports 4k mine dont, plus if it comes with kodi installed is that a build version, im just glad to delete all my sources and just use this, is what ive done, so now just mk source again thank you hda5, so any plans with 4k thank you.

squiddo
23-07-2015, 02:56 PM
When using a PC, how does everyone "force close" at the end of the installation of wookie?
Just pull the plug out of the wall?

chippy
23-07-2015, 07:47 PM
just installed onto my lappy. the best addon ive used so far by a mile thank you hda5. squiddo i just pulled the cable out of the lappy and pressed power switch off.

nml
23-07-2015, 08:42 PM
The way to do it is when you exit kodi by the on off button choose "power off system" this for me shuts down windows in the safe correct way and reboots, then away you go.

When using a PC, how does everyone "force close" at the end of the installation of wookie?
Just pull the plug out of the wall?

seagate1
24-07-2015, 10:22 AM
The way to do it is when you exit kodi by the on off button choose "power off system" this for me shuts down windows in the safe correct way and reboots, then away you go.

@nml i do it the same way you do it. but some1 correct if im wrong when powered of i turn off the power on the back and hold the power button on the front of tower for about 5 seconds the light flashes. that's wear i was told by doing that, that clears some memory or something thank you.

scrambled
24-07-2015, 11:30 AM
For PC computers, CTRL+ATL and Delete and shut down Kodi 15. That will power off Kodi.
Installed on Win 8.1 and I did that and it works great. On Win 7 I did the above and had to install twice but it worked.
Tried on Raspberry PI with openelec 5.95 and simply put the power cord out and the end and it works on the PI.
My Moto G 4G 1st gen it did not like. Reverted back to kodi 15,after crashing a few times, but left a lot of the apps, so I am happy with that.
Hope this helps.

Scrambled.

seagate1
24-07-2015, 09:29 PM
-http://wookie.metalkettle.co just tried this source but it dont seem to work now. can some1 try it please, thank you.

its ok its working must have put the source wrong thank you.
just to had the build is brilliant on a android even if you have android phone give it a go how did hda5 put it

select Kodi and you'll be wookied up to the max, baby!

DCG
24-07-2015, 10:22 PM
cheers Seagate m8 im trying to get this going on my win 8.1 pc

thanks again

seagate1
24-07-2015, 10:34 PM
@dcg if you can put the source in with the file manager which is this, http://wookie.metalkettle.co go to system file manager add source put that in then on the bottom put .wookie that's it follow hda5 guide its so easy. i have just done a clean install on a minix neo64 windows 8.1 followed the guide, now it as the skin the android as thank you.

davorp
25-07-2015, 12:39 PM
what a nice add on. I've been playing with it whole morning. Thanks for this gem!

dog-man
25-07-2015, 01:12 PM
Where can I find the UKTV add on?

For PC version.

In fact, is there a site which lists links to lots of good add ons?

echelon
25-07-2015, 03:56 PM
wookie doesnt seem to work on my android MX2 (trying kodi 15)

captainglassback
25-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Just got MyGica from Lee. EXCELLENT SERVICE yet again!! I'm trying to get into Wookie. After 'Select Wookie' I don't get 'Select Kodi devices' but I do get 'An error has occurred logging in. Please check your details in addon settings'. Any thoughts folks please?

seagate1
25-07-2015, 08:04 PM

i think ill dig mine out ech and try on mine forgot i had that, thank you.

voyager1972
25-07-2015, 09:10 PM
try "total xbmc" site for kodi builds,,,,,
im using corys north americn build which i have added to and tweaked to my liking.........it is a well laid out build..

seagate1
25-07-2015, 09:13 PM

@ech it works with kodi 14.2, well its installed just waiting to pull power.

seagate1
25-07-2015, 09:40 PM
@ech, this build works perfect on the mx2, this build is the best ive seen in 3 years,

install kodi 14.2 and follow hda5 guide, you know the routine. delete any kodi or spmc that's installed or back them up. you can leave the helper, but im not going to use it, but if you dont like this build ( you will ) you can retrieve spmc again. thank you

sorry, thank you hda5 as he wrote

love it.

@ech it is ok with kodi 15.00

DCG
25-07-2015, 10:18 PM
installed on my win 8.1 pc and its working fine
just watched a few progs the strain 2nd series and penny dred full

all looking ok cheers

next instal on my solo2

maurice
26-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Good Morning, can "Wookie" go on a Fire Stick?

echelon
26-07-2015, 01:01 PM
@ech, this build works perfect on the mx2, this build is the best ive seen in 3 years,

install kodi 14.2 and follow hda5 guide, you know the routine. delete any kodi or spmc that's installed or back them up. you can leave the helper, but im not going to use it, but if you dont like this build ( you will ) you can retrieve spmc again. thank you

sorry, thank you hda5 as he wrote

love it.

@ech it is ok with kodi 15.00

thanks, I have tvmc 14.2 on it so was trying the standard kodi 14.2 and kodi 15 but it failed during installation in both, despite having more than half the flash mem free

so I just tried the customised 14.2 wookie install which seems to have gone in ok and left my tvmc 14.2 alone too

so just having a play

my firmware is the matricom firmware, not any of the others, with superuser root access enabled too

thanks for the help and the 14.2-wookie upload

------------------------

@dcg

didnt know it would work on a solo2 , so be interested to know which option is chosen for a solo2 (as opposed to an android device) - or any similar tutorial

DCG
26-07-2015, 02:20 PM
im just going to give it a go if I mess it up its easy to reflash and put my back up in

chippy
27-07-2015, 05:13 PM
dcg ive tried to install a couple of times now on my vu solo2, but i cant get script to install correctly. I used filezilla to open files on solo went to hdd folder and the found the xbmc files and then deleted contents. this then gave me a clean install (i think.) i then followed the instructions given here. password is entered by clicking ok when prompted. the way i switched off the box was by telnet and reboot. as i say it is not working properly as the skins are not working but it is very nearly there. i hope this is of some use if it isnt too garbled, and if you are successful i would appreciate if you could tell me how you did it,. i am running latest bh. good luck chippy

DCG
27-07-2015, 05:45 PM
ive asked the question on the community but still waiting a reply

there is one there on installing superrepo but I don't have a clue about that

captainglassback
27-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Hi Folks. 30+ wasted hours of trying, (Wookie specifically), but still have the silly 'check your addon settings' on both Android tablet and MyGica box. On MyGica box have followed hda5's thorough instructions. Lost all my other stuff, (which is fair enough), but am still left with Wookie not liking addon settings!! So now my MyGica has nothing! Any suggestions folks before it goes out the back to be smashed to pieces with the old trusty sledge hammer for it's misbehaviour!!

hda5
28-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Install wookie by adding the source from the url link in my instructions not the uploaded wookie.zip here. This is the procedure I used to install it on my mygica box and it installed ok. Wookie requires Kodi to be clear of all apps before installing so make sure you clear data. To do this go to the 2nd page on the Mygica box home page. Use the right arrow key on remote to scroll to the 2nd page.

Select Manage Apps
Select Kodi
Select Clear Data

Now launch Kodi again from the 1st home page and it'll be all nice and clean.

If you're still not able to install Wookie then install Fusion instead. Follow the guide I wrote on Droidpimps, here
http://forum.droidpimps.com/showthread.php?2-How-to-Install-Fusion-on-Kodi

captainglassback
28-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Much appreciated hda5. I'll try those 2 tips.

katie
28-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Your instructions worked well for me too hda5. Thank you so much.

Katie

davorp
28-07-2015, 12:40 PM
What is a good free alternative to iptv stalker?

DCG
28-07-2015, 09:01 PM
well as the help from the community site was realy not help full I decided to do it any way

ive installed wookie on my xmbc gotham v 13.2 on my solo 2
still installing wookie cousoom view

if its fully working then that's good for gen 2 enigma boxes

ill post back wen done

DCG
28-07-2015, 11:02 PM
installed fine lots working and some not but its ok for e2 solo 2 boxes

use seagates zip

and hda5 excellent guide

echelon
29-07-2015, 08:35 AM
installed fine lots working and some not but its ok for e2 solo 2 boxes

use seagates zip

and hda5 excellent guide

doesnt like gotham 13.2 thats in BH images

be better if we could install the 14.2 wookie kodi into BH and then wookie it to the max

maybe some bright spark will find a way to change the 13.2 gotham into 14.2 helix or even kodi 15 in the solo 2 etc

then it would really work as it should

even changing the skin back to confluence doesnt really help with a solo 2 install

not impressed compared to my mx2, but am sure those people who make vu images will update it and then wookie should work properly

seagate1
29-07-2015, 10:55 AM
doesnt like gotham 13.2 thats in BH images

be better if we could install the 14.2 wookie kodi into BH and then wookie it to the max

maybe some bright spark will find a way to change the 13.2 gotham into 14.2 helix or even kodi 15 in the solo 2 etc

then it would really work as it should

even changing the skin back to confluence doesnt really help with a solo 2 install

not impressed compared to my mx2, but am sure those people who make vu images will update it and then wookie should work properly

that's the only reason ive not put it on my solo2, gotham was the best, but its out dated now, if you look at most builds there using xbmc/kodi 14.1 and 14.2. and now 15.0 is out which im using now. so builds will be around 14.2/15.0. thank you.

seagate1
29-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Good Morning, can "Wookie" go on a Fire Stick?

hello mate ive not used 1 but you need to install kodi 14.2 or 15.0 the only thing you can do is read this

-http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV

when you finally do it, it should be good to go. hope that helps you. thank you.

resco
06-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Hi work great on my windows desktop ,but cant get it to work on my Amiko A3,anyone else tried this ,cant even get Kodi to load anything

seagate1
13-08-2015, 04:08 PM

Launch Kodi.

Select Add Source

Click on <None>

Click on Done

Enter a name for wookie, in this example I’ve called it Wookie , click DONE

Click OK

Click System

Select Add-ons

Select Wookie

Select wookie.zip

Select Videos > Add-Ons

Select Add-on settings

Select Wookie

Select Kodi Devices

Select Continue

ive just updated windows 7/10 and a minix 7 it looks awesome not tried any plugins yet i alwasy give it about 30 minutes to update the plugins the skin looks nice. thank you

look at the top it tells you theres a update.

captainglassback
22-08-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm still hammering away at the Mygica and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I would have binnned it had it not been for the fact that I eventually got Wookie working on a pal's Samsung (S4?) phone and it was amazing!! On the Mygica have used the metalkettle many times and even put the wizard in via usb. I have absolutely no programming at all. In Hda5's thorough instructions I get as far as Select Wookie zip then it says Working briefly but never says Wookie Add-on enabled. So when I go into Videos > Add-Ons there are no addons!! Anyone got any thoughts please?

EXTRAFACTO
23-08-2015, 04:23 AM
This is how i get wookie installed on my mygica 582 box
firstly i factory reset the box...complete fresh install
let the box boot and load its stuff
i use the wookie zip file from the kodi section on here...not add source and type in
i have the wookie zip on usb stick
so now after letting box load...i insert the usb stick...
i then go to system...settings...addons...inst all from zip file...my usb stick shows has sda1
i click that...and select wookie zip..it says wookie zip enabled
now i go to programs..and wookie 4.0.1 is there...i click that
a box appears asking me to enter username and login
now i am taken to a page with boxs...addons for kodi...addons for spmc etc
i select kodi devices..now i let wookie install...i am connected by ethernet cable not wireless...it does make a big difference...ie time taken to install
it should now say...wookie is creating your custom view...let it do that..the time taken depends on your internet connection
once that is done..a box appears saying please disconnect power from your box...do this...reboot box...
start kodi...you will now see wookie is installed
i now let it do all its updates for different apps before i start to use..
hope this is of some help

seagate1
23-08-2015, 10:43 AM
thanks extrafacto. very well explained. its not hard to follow hda guide. and pull the power lead. and on windows run task manager and for it to end ie task manager end task kodi works a treat stiil liking it my self thank you.

EXTRAFACTO
23-08-2015, 11:30 AM
@seagate1...yes i totally agree with you...hda5 guide works perfectly
infact thats what i used to get wookie on my box very first time
then you posted a zip file for wookie
which i was very gratefull for...i put the wookie zip you uploaded onto usb stick
and loaded wookie from that
both ways work exellent for me

captainglassback
24-08-2015, 03:09 PM
(MyGica) I am stuck still at the 'select zip' stage. I sometimes, albeit rarely, get the bottom right 'working' message but never get 'wookie zip enabled'. I have now moved on to an sd card and removed 14.2 and loaded 15.1. With 2 types of zip from Satpimps, (repository metalkettle and aswizard), I have become stuck at the same stage, ie cannot get to 'wookie zip enabled'. I have also gone http ... ..metalkettle )many, many times). Same thing. 'Working' then not to 'wookie zip enabled'. I am clear about what to do afterwards as have put on a pal's phone. Tried at 2 different houses! Both strong internet. Currently using ethernet. Baffled. Any thoughts please.

cannydo
24-08-2015, 04:09 PM
What about re-installing the firmware for MyGica might be corrupt Captainglassback? Hope you realize it's just a thought it may not work but you never know.

EXTRAFACTO
25-08-2015, 08:07 PM
@captainglassback... on seeing your recent post
i factory reset my mygica 582 box...and installed wookie following hda5 guide
all went perfectly
i then factory reset the box...and installed wookie using the wookie zip on usb stick that seagate1 uploaded
all went perfectly
my box is running on helix 14.2 (it was 14.1 untill the mygica team released its own version of 14.2,this was suggested by mygica team...use their update
not the one that is for all platforms from kodi site
mygica acctually stated on their site...that they would be releasing a kodi helix version upgrade for just the mygica box 14.1 upgraded to 14.2
and when they have the next upgrade ready...they will release that...just for use on mygica boxs
i am just mentioning this...incase you have downloaded from kodi site for your mygica box...and its not compatable in some way
hence causing you the issues you are recieving
hope you get it sorted soon
ps have just checked back through some posts...one where i say about mygica upgrade available...and can see you were aware of it...so the above does not seem to apply to you...
but mygica team have not yet released an upgrade ..helix15 etc