PDA

View Full Version : cables from tuner to tv

nufc
26-07-2015, 12:19 PM
hallo i would like to know the setup of cables to tv from tuner with a tuner that has both sat and cable tuners installed do i need coax in and out or does it work via wifi can not find it anywhere thanks inadvance

Mickha
26-07-2015, 12:29 PM
Sorry but I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you trying to run the VU+ Duo 2 to multiple televisions, in various rooms, or are you just using 1 television?

echelon
26-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I assume he is trying to tune in a modern tv that has inbuilt freeview and sat and cable tuners , so maybe coaxial input or f conenctor inputs

assuming this is the case , the OP should be aware that the duo2 does not output an an@logue or digital rf output and so this task cannot be done this way

the duo2 should be connected either by HDMI or by scart leads to any tv closeby

there are adapters and workaround methods for sending an@logue rf signals from a sat box to a tv , although many modern tv,s do not have an an@logue tuner installed and so fail the test anyway , a casualty of the uk going all digital so modern sets dont need the an@logue tuner so have dispensed with it in favour of a freeview HD tuner , digital sat tuner and digital cable tuners , so one or more of those

but the opening post isnt clear at all

Nikkas
26-07-2015, 12:39 PM
If you are talking about a TV with built in Sat capability (like the one I have in my kitchen) then both Sat & T will use a separate COAX. The WiFi is for online services such as BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix, etc.

If not then I'm with Mickha........:D

nufc
26-07-2015, 01:09 PM
thanks for your answers what i have now is dreambox 800hd se but the positioner has blownup does not work anymore so i looked at vu duo 2 + with sat and cable tuner i have hdmi cable from tv to tuner the rest is all hidden in the walls so my question is for the cable tuner do i need extra cables from tuner to tv that means i would have to take every thing apart for the cable tuner i have being looking all over internet but can not find a layout for a box with both sat and cable tuners do i need hdmi for sat tuner and coax in and out from tv to tuner for the cable tuner to work

echelon
26-07-2015, 01:25 PM
ok , lets start from the beginning

if you have a wall mounted flatscreen tv with sat and cable and aerial inputs, each one needs its own feed

so the aerial feed needs a coax cable from an external roof aerial (if required)
the sat input needs a coaxial cable from the dish lnb (if required)
the cable input needs a feed from (vermin) if your house is served by them (if required)

any digital boxes feed the tv by a hdmi cable (my sony tv has 4 hdmi cables feeding it , plus a sat coax and a freeview coax too)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now take a duo 2 with similar tuners , it needs the same feeds from all the same places AS WELL

so to feed a duo 2 and the tv with aerial feeds , each needs separate feeds , so a splitter booster box does this , like the slx 4 way aerial amplifier with a feed to the tv and another feed to the freeview tuner in the duo 2 (if fitted)

the duo 2 needs separate coaxial cables from either sly dish lnb,s or a motor lnb , or diseqc switches , or a combination of maybe all , as required

the vermin feed would need splitters, with a feed to the duo 2 and a feed to the tv (if required at the tv)

so the duo 2 needs a feed from each and every source into its various tuners
ideally , the tv needs exactly the same , feeds from every source to its tuners

the duo 2 connects to the tv using a single HDMI lead , same as the dreambox did

any other boxes need a hdmi feed to the tv as well

or a hdmi switch unit can be used to select one box from a number of boxes and the single hdmi cable feeds the tv same as it did before

let us assume you wish to replace the dm for a duo 2

you use the existing hdmi cable to feed the tv

any other feeder cables feed the back of the duo2 , so the tuners all get their own feeds, from sat , maybe cable too, maybe freeview too , as required , so all the sources feed the duo 2, with the duo 2 connected to the tv by the existing hdmi cable

nufc
26-07-2015, 04:49 PM
hallo m8 firstly i live in holland we have here cable tv i have a samsung smart tv where the coax cable goes from the meter cupboard and i have a dish that goes to the tuner and hdmi to the tv so when i get a vu duo with sat and cable tuner the sat stays the same and with the cable tuner i need to take the coax cable from the tv and put it in the cable tuner and cable from the tuner to the tv if i understand what you are saying

echelon
26-07-2015, 05:02 PM
well we dont deal with cable boxes on here, especially not non-uk ones

but if you have digital cable from your cable provider then it must come into the house as a coaxial cable and I assume go to the cable tuner box (possibly a router or modem too) , this would need splitting with a T or Y splitter and one feed into the cable box and another feed going into the cable tuner on the duo2

I have no idea if the firmware or channel lists etc for your country are compatible with this , but its how it would be done in the uk where we have digital cable provided by vermin (aka R Branson)

so that is how you would cable the cable tv side

I do not think the cable tuner has an in and an out on it, only the IN , so no loopout IMHO

BUT, looking on the @uction sites at the tuner, it says they have RF in and RF out, so cable loopthrough may be possible

Newest model of hybrid DVB-T2/T/C tuner module for VU+ Uno, Ultimo, Duo2 HD Digital receivers.

Support both types of digital cable/terrestrial signals: MPEG2/MPEG4, High Definition/Standard Definition.

View Technical specification

Hybrid (DVB-C and DVB-T2/T) Plug and Play tuner for receiver Vu + Ultimo, Uno, Duo2
The tuner contains RF IN and RF OUT
The possibility of using up to three tuners with the receiver Vu + simultaneously
Install additional tuners to watch and record multiple programs simultaneously

================================= ===

as for satellite, you probably have one or two feeds from the dish going into the dreambox already

these would go into the duo2 into the dual sat tuner, in the same way, probably as tuner A and tuner B

the TV HDMI from your current dreambox would connect into the duo 2 instead , so exactly the same as it does on your dreambox, using the existing hdmi socket to go from the duo 2 to the tv

the ethernet cable would connect from your router to the RJ socket on the back of the duo 2, same as on the dreambox

if you do buy the duo 2 , I would recommend 2 more items as well

an internal HDD of your choosing, of at least 1 Tb in capacity
a small black usb stick of say 16 gig or 32 gig for the rear usb socket on the box, for picons and epg data etc

I have no idea how you would get the cable side to work to watch channels, nor would you be allowed to discuss it on here either - sorry

Mickha
26-07-2015, 05:11 PM
You would probably need to modify, or replace, the cables.xml file, with appropriate information, for your location, this will then allow you to scan in your channels.

nufc
26-07-2015, 05:50 PM
thanks a lot boys it was the cable set up that was the problem not the tuners now i know whats needed so again thanks a lot