PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help

westbay
03-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi
Ok, recently purchased VU+Solo2, has BH .

I think I've set it up ok, well I can see some channels and not others.
I can't see the sky freesat one's .... should I be buying an hd card or is it a setup thing ?

echelon
03-08-2015, 03:46 PM
not sure I understand the above , so a few basics

I assume you have installed BH 217 ?

then you would normally load in the catseyes channel list (settings) from the "enigma2 settings" forum here , choosing one of them subject to the sats you can "see" , so lets say the 28 east one in order to use a sly dish pointed at 28.2e

on that position are various sats and broadcasters

freesat , its all in the name , you get the free to air channels from satellite , hence freesat , like bbc and itv etc

sly uk , so stuff like sly one , gold , movies , sport , music , news etc , most are scrambled so need the banned item or a valid subbed card ;)

setanta and ROI channels , again some are free and some are scrambled so need the banned item or a valid subbed card

BT channels - again scrambled so need a valid card or the banned item ;)

so as it stands you will get any free to air channels from any broadcaster supplying them from that sat position, nothing else will open

so you will receive everything, but open far less

so pick the bones from that explanation against whatever it was you are asking , starting with an up to date settings list (load it using dreamset)

its a HD box , so no HD card required

you will NOT open any sly HD channels , not at all, not since they changed things 15 months ago

you will open free to air HD channels , like BBC1HD , BBC2HD , ITV1HD , C4HD etc (so anything not scrambled)

so read and follow the idiots guide stuck to the top of this forum

ie:

load image (say BH)
set IP address
telnet in using VuCC and set the password using the passwd command
use dreamset to ftp in the catseye channel list (settings)
install cccam and then edit the config if you have the correct config info (we dont talk about this)