PDA

View Full Version : Help with poor signal.

danodano
11-08-2015, 04:58 PM
I have a big sattelite dish (180cm) and hotbird SD channels works well there. But when I try to get HD channels on, the signal is weak and sometimes theres no signal at all.. My LNBs are new and good, how do I fix this issue i tried so many things? how do i increase the signal strength and quality? Thanks in advance

skomedal
11-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I have a big sattelite dish (180cm) and hotbird SD channels works well there.

With that sized dish hotbird should be booming in.

It would help if we knew your general location to begin with, as these size dishes are good at receiving sd signals the hd signals might need a bit of tweaking/fine tuning the dish.

danodano
11-08-2015, 05:27 PM
I have a big sattelite dish (180cm) and hotbird SD channels works well there.

With that sized dish hotbird should be booming in.

It would help if we knew your general location to begin with, as these size dishes are good at receiving sd signals the hd signals might need a bit of tweaking/fine tuning the dish.

What do you exactly mean of general place? If you mean country I live in Israel

skomedal
11-08-2015, 05:37 PM
At your general location 180 more than adequate.

Try tweaking/finetuning the dish, if the dish is not motorized try adjusting the lnb skew to begin with ( use dish pointer program from your location )

_http://www.dishpointer.com/

TonyO
11-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Skew is likely to be a prob, unless its on a motorised mount and naturally leans in the right direction.

danodano
12-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Nevermind that guys. I have a strange problem lol

At night three specific channels works well, with good signal and quality, but at the morning/noon there's no signal at all. After 9PM the channel works fine. And yes, the channel works 24/7 for others. Why's that lol

simon 2003
12-08-2015, 01:19 PM
mmm depends what sat ? some are on inclined orbits so as the world tuns the satellite will move away from you then back if you see what i mean cant think of any other reason unless youve got a faulty LNB

danodano
12-08-2015, 03:06 PM
mmm depends what sat ? some are on inclined orbits so as the world tuns the satellite will move away from you then back if you see what i mean cant think of any other reason unless youve got a faulty LNB

Hotbird it is

Aldo
12-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Hotbird it is

Maybe you would like to say which channels you are referring to, and on which transponders those channels are on.

TonyO
12-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Pigeons roosting on your feed arm, a lorry or van parking in front of your dish, someone using a rf device that interfering with your signal, the list could be endless, you have to do some common sence checking and eliminating.

danodano
12-08-2015, 04:04 PM
+Nsport hd canal+discovery on hotbird 11449 27500

I forgot to say that each of my lnb are 4 way (4 slots) and are all used does that matter

stars
09-09-2015, 07:44 PM
This 180 cm dish is it a Prime Focus (PF) dish or an Offset Dish (OF)?

If you are using an LNB with a feed horn used for an OF dish
the LNB wont see the whole dish, maybe that's your problem.

Cheers stars