PDA

View Full Version : Help me with this channel

danodano
14-08-2015, 02:52 PM
The channel is on hotbird, 11258 H 27500 i can not recieve this specific freq while i can recieve the other package channel can somebody help me recieving it and try to recieve it himself to see if i am not the problrm

echelon
14-08-2015, 03:05 PM
that is not a channel, its a transponder

what channel are you trying to get exactly ?

danodano
14-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Canal+ Sport 2 HD

saintomer1866
14-08-2015, 03:42 PM
have you got all the correct settings as it scans in ok for me?
11258 H 27500 3/4 8PSK DVB-S2

St.O

echelon
14-08-2015, 03:45 PM
yep, works ok here on a spiderbox

so that is 2 of us receiving it in different places , uk and not-uk

danodano
14-08-2015, 03:48 PM
In my box which is Icecrypt S1600HD when I try to scan a transponder there aren't enough options to choose the DVB-S thingy and the other stuff. Let me show you a picture.

http://i.imgur.com/cOcyUVe.jpg

I really appreciate your reply and hopefully you can help me out

The weird this is that other transponders works, and my dish is kinda big enough for this transponder (180cm)

echelon
14-08-2015, 03:53 PM
in that case you need to work out how to make your box scan HD transponders and not standard transponders

maybe try the ADD and choose the 8psk DVB-S2 hinted at above

this wont be an LNB problem, its user error (not knowing how to make the box scan a transponder , especially a HD transponder)

I am sure it is capable of this, so its you the user at fault, the lack of knowledge is causing you grief

good luck

ps:- I will move this to the icecrypt forum, as its likely to be a problem on the box, or the user ;)

danodano
14-08-2015, 03:56 PM
in that case you need to work out how to make your box scan HD transponders and not standard transponders

maybe try the ADD and choose the 8psk DVB-S2 hinted at above

this wont be an LNB problem, its user error (not knowing how to make the box scan a transponder , especially a HD transponder)

I am sure it is capable of this, so its you the user at fault, the lack of knowledge is causing you grief

good luck

ps:- I will move this to the icecrypt forum, as its likely to be a problem on the box, or the user ;)

But I already have HD channels on my box, such as Canal+ Sport HD, and Canal+ HD. that sounds weird to me

echelon
14-08-2015, 04:27 PM
maybe those working channels and HD transponders are already in the transponder list for your box

my point was twofold

1) the transponder you listed in post #1 is the standard transponder , DVB-S , not DVB-S2

the one in your picture seems to be the same standard transponder too - DVB-S , NOT S2

2) st-o and myself have told you to manually scan a HD transponder , DVB-S2 with 8psk selected

how you go about that is between you, your instruction manual and other icecrypt users (which we are not)

but its fine on a spiderbox and a vu , therefore you need to work out your icecrypt and scanning manual HD transponders etc

we can only advise you what to do, or check if it works, the rest is down to you , the box owner

its not the channel or transponder, its unlikely to be the lnb, so its the box, or the owner not operating the box correctly, my bet is on the latter :)

good luck

ps:- also check you have not exceeded the maximum number of allowed transponders on your box, plus also check you have not exceeded the maximum number of channels allowed on your box too (common errors that people make, trying to make a quart go into a pint pot)

Mickha
23-10-2015, 09:58 AM
In your other thread, now closed, you mention a signal quality of 50%, on hotbird, 13E, as being good, this is far from the case, depending on your dish size, and general location.
Please post the following:
General Location, e.g. UK?
Size of dish?
Is the dish motorized, or fixed?
You also quote one polarity, Vertical, providing a reading of 50%, and Horizontal only giving 8%.
This can be down to a faulty LNB, different satellite beams, or even LNB skew.
Without more information we are only guessing, at your problem.