PDA

View Full Version : VU+ duo2 tuner configuration

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 12:48 AM
Hi guys,
I have received my STB a couple of days ago with 1 double tuner. I have a twin LNB. When I am recording something, I can only watch the channel I am recording from or use the mediaplayer. If I change the channel I get the black screen and flashing REC sign on ET info bar. I am using a legit card in a CAM (they are paired).
Do I need to buy an additional tuner to have more flexibility or do I need to change the tuner setting.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

mrdude
17-08-2015, 01:38 AM
You need to connect 2 cables - 1 from each tuner to each feed on your dual LNB.

No you don't need to buy anything else.

Check this: Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner Configuration/

Make sure you have set these up properly - (you didn't say if you were using a motor).

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 07:48 AM
mrdude-thank you for your reply. I have a static dish with one LNB with two outputs. At the moment the setings are:
Tuner A: single on Hotbird 13.0E
Tuner B: single on Hotbird 13.0E
I have a feeling that it might be something to do with the CAM not being to decode more than one channel at the time, but then I was able to record one channel and watch another channel on my Icecrypt s4000pvr

Mickha
17-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Tuner A should be set to Simple, Single, 13E, and Tuner B set to Equal to Tuner A.
What image do you have loaded?
If you are trying to record one encrypted channel, and view a second encrypted channel, running a Black Hole image, ensure you're running CCcam 230, or Oscam.
Can you please provide more detailed information.

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Many thanks Mickha for your reply. The image is the one that was preloaded by the manufacturer. I have not got CCcam or Oscam. I thought since I'm using the card in a CAM module I don't need any softCAMs?

Mickha
17-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I didn't take in the bit about the card/cam.
try changing your tuner configuration then see if it works.
You can update the manufactures firmware, from their website, or try loading an image, like Black Hole, Openvix, etc... and see if it then works:

http://code.vuplus.com/

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Mickha, I have just changed the tuner's settings as you suggested but still the same... I have to speak to the shop to see if they would take the box back if I upload a different image. Which image would you recommend?

Mickha
17-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Can you please post which package you're viewing, as thers might have the same setup, and be able to advise.
I would start with Black Hole, as this image was designed for the VU+.

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 05:54 PM
I was originally with Polish top up tv-TV Na Kartę (Conax card paired with their CAM). Then I was offered a good deal by NC+ and they adopted the card and CAM I had so I can access their package which normally uses seca/mediaguard scrambling. But even before the switch-over I had similar issues with Icecrypt s4000 twin tuner PVR, hence I've bought VU+ duo2.
Can a CAM be capable of unscrambling only one channel at a time?

Mickha
17-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Have you checked both tuners are working? Try recording a channel then viewing a FTA channel, that's not on the same transponder.
You should see a red symbol. for the Tuner that's recording, usually A, and a blue symbol for the other tuner.

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Have you checked both tuners are working? Try recording a channel then viewing a FTA channel, that's not on the same transponder.
You should see a red symbol. for the Tuner that's recording, usually A, and a blue symbol for the other tuner.
The only red symbol is the blinking REC. The info panel has letter A B displayed and FTA channels are working during recording.
Will try to post some photos from my PC.

plaskotki
17-08-2015, 10:44 PM
The only red symbol is the blinking REC. The info panel has letter A B displayed and FTA channels are working during recording.
Will try to post some photos from my PC.
images from my VU+ duo2
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=63744&stc=1
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=63745&stc=1

Mickha
17-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Using Black Hole the tuner that's recording turns red, as I have set tuner B, to default, for recording then B is red, when recording, and A is blue.
As FTA channels, on a different transponder, are working, during recording, then both tuners must be working correctly, which leaves the Cam/Card, or the image.
I would try a few different images, starting with Black hole, to see if this solves the problem.

From your photos the VU+ software is from 2014, the latest, on the VU+ website, is form 23/07/2015, perhaps you could also try updating that.

http://code.vuplus.com/

plaskotki
18-08-2015, 12:27 AM
Thank you for all your support Mickha. Will give it a try.

plaskotki
19-08-2015, 08:34 PM
I have tried most recent release of openVix image as advised by the VU+ supplier but the problem persist. What would be the best soft cam multi card reader I could try? Any suggestions?