PDA

View Full Version : Programme data not appearing in EPG for UK terrestrial channels

Satfanni
23-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Hi, I have had my Vu+Duo2 up and running now for about 2 weeks and am very pleased with its performance and capabilities. I am however having one issue with epg data not displaying on the uk terrestrial channels. The information will not display on either the BlackHole default epg or on the CoolTV EPG plugin. I live in Belfast and scanned in all of the available terrestrial channels for my area. The strange thing is that the RTE (Irish channels) are ok in both epg's displaying the programme details perfectly. The scanned uk channels however do not display the programme info in the epg. I have also noticed that when you bring up the info bar on any of the uk terrestrial channels that the programme info is displayed but is basically gobbledegook (i.e. letters and numbers jumbled up making no sense). I have rescanned the terrestrial channels in several times but this has made no difference. It is annoying that because of this that I cannot set a recording within the epg for uk terrestrial channels.

I am running Blackhole v2.1.7. I have a twin DVB-S2 satellite tuner and a terrestrial DVB-T2 installed on my Duo2.

Does anyone know if there is any setting that I can adjust in order to get the full programme data for terrestrial uk channels to appear in the epg? Has anyone any suggestions that could solve this issue for me? Thanks in advance for any replies.

echelon
23-08-2015, 11:05 AM
you need to setup crossepg in the menu and choose either the opensat epg and tick the UK channel list so it downloads the epg from the satellite, or use the xmltv one after updating the providers and tick the next to bottom one (rytec sources uk) so it downloads the epg off the net

then you set the fastdownloader plugin to crossepg downloader and a double tap on green starts the process

ie:- its not automatic, you have to set it up yourself and I dont think you have done !

there are tutorials like the dummies guide that explain some of this, but I think you are relying on scanning in the channels only, instead of doing that and then also setting up crossepg

ps:- you wont get terrestrial channels unless you have the cable/freeview tuner installed and a feed from the outside aerial

sat channels on 28e are sly , BT , setanta , ROI and freesat (and any miscellaneous broadcasters too), not terrestrial

so if you do not have a freeview/cable tuner installed, you wont get any terrestrial channels , so I think you are referring to freesat channels

Satfanni
23-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Many thanks echelon. I changed some of the settings as you suggested and it has partially worked. The epg is now showing programme data for the SD uk terrestrial channels. It did not however work for the HD channels. Still this is an improvement on where I was so thank you again for your help. I will continue experimenting with the settings. The options however in Blackhole menu on Duo2 are slightly different to those stated in your thread. I'm sure however I will get there eventually. Thanks again.

echelon
23-08-2015, 01:01 PM
my tutorial is an old tutorial but its still similar and doesnt matter if its a duo 2 , solo 2 or duo 1 or any other vu

try the opentv epg download as I tried it yesterday on a solo 2 and it worked fine on freesat channels etc on 28e

mine are saved to a usb stick on the rear mounting frame , mounted as usb and formatted to ext4

I also have a picon folder there with all the picons inside it too

once you have it setup correctly and have either chosen the rytec sources internet download, or the openepg sat download it will download, decompress and save to your chosen location, ideally a rear mounted usb stick , like the ones I mentioned in another thread (black micro usb sticks of say 16gb or 32gb)

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?171803-Open-TV-EPG-storage-issue-on-USB-stick

mine is set to granada region and my freesat channels all have epg data on them, both SD and HD

I have amended the tutorial here slightly for the new menus now

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?159958-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Solo2

Satfanni
23-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Cheers echelon thanks for the advice. I have my picons on a rear mounted usb stick in a folder entitled picon. My usb stick however is formatted to fat32 as I thought Linux was also able to read this format. I have now however in the light of your post reformatted my usb stick to ext4 and mounted/mapped it to /media/usb. Can you advise how I direct the epg download for opentv to the usb stick instead of the HDD? I can see no options for this in settings. There is an option to select the usb device as a destination for CrossEPG in the Black Hole set up menu. Is CrossEPG the same as opentv EPG? Thanks again. The EPG data is still not showing on the terrestrial HD channels. Getting there slowly but surely.

echelon
23-08-2015, 02:46 PM
yes use the setting in crossepg and use either rytec or open as the source, saving to rear usb in ext4

crossepg is the plugin used for epg data and is the BH weapon of choice

opentv providers is one of the epg carried by satellite
rytec xmltv is a different epg data downloaded from the net
xepgdb no longer has uk options

I cannot explain anything about terrestrial channels as if you look in crossepg there are no settings for terrestrial channels, only satellite and cable (sly and virgin) , plus I dont have any boxes with terrestrial tuners inside them either (but my tv,s do)

I have also copied the new info from the solo 2 dummies guide to the duo 2 dummies guide, as its the same info

use the rear usb stick for picon , epg data and the swap file

Satfanni
23-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Thanks again. Do you happen to know where I can find rytec as I cannot see this option anywhere?

echelon
23-08-2015, 03:12 PM
its in the xmltv providers , so if you havent done so already, update the xmltv providers (rytec) in the crossepg list, it will say 32 providers updated, then its the last but one in the list, as I said in the tutorial

Satfanni
23-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks echelon. Managed to do all that but unfortunately no joy. HD channels still not showing data. Anyway thanks for all your help and patience with me. Think I will give up on this one.

echelon
23-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I just tried it and the freesat HD channels like itv1HD granada , BBC1HD and BBC2HD etc all show epg data using the opensat epg download

Satfanni
23-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Yes BBC1HD, BBC2HD, UTVHD, Channel4HD...etc all showing epg data on 28E but unfortunately no joy on terrestrial channels.

echelon
23-08-2015, 05:27 PM
there are no options in those epg settings for terrestrial channels, its sat and cable