iOS:
Apple TV 2: /Applications/Kodi.frappliance/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib
iDevices: /Applications/Kodi.app/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib
Linux: Various locations, use find / | grep librtmp.so.0 to find libtrmp
Mac OS X: /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/Libraries/librtmp.0.dylib
Windows 32-bit: Program Files/Kodi/system/players/dvdplayer/librtmp.dll
Windows 64-bit: Program Files (x86)/Kodi/system/players/dvdplayer/librtmp.dll
Android: /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/librtmp.so

How do you find your way in to update lib rtmp ?

Also which file to use that is up to date ?

Reason i ask this is streams run for a couple of secs/mins then gone or wont load.On 14.2 Helix.

I have checked my logs and they are not being blocked.

Which in turn i went to advanced settings

Video and changed hardware acceleration aspects with little improvement.

Anyone know how to configure this and how to ? Using Mygica atv582

All the best jamsb.

jamsb
27-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Found this in another place.

Full thanks and credit to the original poster.

How To Replace/Update Lib file on Android

1) get the file. You can download it on sd card, thumb drive. Just ensure its visible to the ouya.

2) you can go into xbmc system -> appearance -> file lists and enable" show hidden files" and "allow file renaming and deletion".

3) open the xbmc file manager (under the homescreen of XBMC... if use Confluence, it's underneath the system option)

4) click Add Source

5) a window opens with file path options...in top box enter "./" ((dot)(forward slash)) it represents ROOT ACCESS (all files and connect devices)

6) for the bottom box type the same "./" and hit ok to save it

7) now ./ should appear in the file manager (both sides).

8) navigate to where the new file is
on the other side navigate to the location that the wiki told you (/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/)

9) highlight librtmp.so
bring up the context menu and rename the file to librtmp.so.old (incase of a messup it can be renamed back)

10) then goto back to the other side and highlight the new file

11) bring up the context menu and hit copy

12) if that wont work because of permissions or something (or cant see the root files) then you might have to root it to try.

I simply could not figure out how to get to open hidden menu.

Now to find updated lib rtmp file for 14.2.

For what its worth Koodi 15 has an updated libtrmp file.

All the best jamsb

TJLOWE1
28-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Where would I find the file.
Thanks
TJ
Found this in another place.

Full thanks and credit to the original poster.

How To Replace/Update Lib file on Android

1) get the file. You can download it on sd card, thumb drive. Just ensure its visible to the ouya.

2) you can go into xbmc system -> appearance -> file lists and enable" show hidden files" and "allow file renaming and deletion".

3) open the xbmc file manager (under the homescreen of XBMC... if use Confluence, it's underneath the system option)

4) click Add Source

5) a window opens with file path options...in top box enter "./" ((dot)(forward slash)) it represents ROOT ACCESS (all files and connect devices)

6) for the bottom box type the same "./" and hit ok to save it

7) now ./ should appear in the file manager (both sides).

8) navigate to where the new file is
on the other side navigate to the location that the wiki told you (/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/)

9) highlight librtmp.so
bring up the context menu and rename the file to librtmp.so.old (incase of a messup it can be renamed back)

10) then goto back to the other side and highlight the new file

11) bring up the context menu and hit copy

12) if that wont work because of permissions or something (or cant see the root files) then you might have to root it to try.

I simply could not figure out how to get to open hidden menu.

Now to find updated lib rtmp file for 14.2.

For what its worth Koodi 15 has an updated libtrmp file.

All the best jamsb

jamsb
28-08-2015, 09:06 PM
I assume Your Kodi 15.1 is a new clean install ?

If so new releases of kodi never have the librtmp updated.( You need to update with a patched version an apk file if android so as when you turn off or reboot kodi the librtmp file does not revert back to default librtmp )

Why the answer is obvious

Thankfully developers compile/ patch so the end user gets nearly what he or she seeks from kodi.

You have not said what you are running kodi on Pc or android and so on??

Google ( latest librtmp for kodi )and make sure the device you use is compatible.)

I cant go any further on this.

All the best jamsb.

jamsb
28-08-2015, 11:09 PM
I should add uninstall your current version of kodi in my case on mygica 582 before loading new kodi.After backiing up fully in the event it goes pear shaped.

Using backup tool on android app in apps page. ( click on apps and you will find it) Save your backup to your location.
On android home page >

Go to more settings > apps > uninstall kodi > back > click on + sign on android home page > then find app installer > will scan for kodi apk file you loaded onto usb> click install > i refused google permissions > continue >wait till finished > click > finish. thats it. Reboot mygica and >

Reload your addons as a fresh install on kodi from sda1 in the usual way.

Sett up your own configuation then use backup tool to make copy of your addons and settings in kodi.

To configure backup tool select> open settings > remote path type is > browse remote path > click okay > select sda1> navigate top right > select okay browse path >okay > then you see file path is sett >scroll down to compress files click so box is blue >scroll down to backups > i sett to one using onscreen tool.> progress display select progress bar > down to bottom and select okay.

Select backup tool > select backup > wait for progress bar to complete > wait for file to be written to usb stick .> thats it.

To restore the same as above but select restore and wait for it to complete.

Hope this helps for some users.

All the best jamsb.