PDA

View Full Version : How do i install Picons on my Vu+

darkgentle
27-08-2015, 10:03 AM
hi guys I have read much about Picons but cant find the procedure on how its done so if some one can direct me to a sticky. I'm running the new BH image and have usb drive setup for crossepg. thanks

saintomer1866
27-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Not 100% sure about bh (should be the same) but on my PLi Image i just created a 'picon' folder on my usb stick (or you can use hdd) then just copied all the picons I had downloaded to it and they are found and used automatically

alternatively you might be able to download them from the plugins as well ?

St.O

echelon
27-08-2015, 04:13 PM
agreed, on BH and other images create the picon folder on the usb stick and put the picons inside it

ftp programs like filezilla and flash fxp (or DCC) make it really simple to do

mrdude
27-08-2015, 05:44 PM
If you wait 10 minutes I'll upload some new picons in ipk format that will install to usb/picon.

I just built these this morning, it has the latest 28 east, 23 east, 19 east, 13 east.

Also make sure your USB stick/drive is formatted in either ext2/3/4 - as fat32/16/ntfs etc will not make symlinks - only linux file systems are able to create these.

If you don't use a linux file system - these symlinks will not be created and the picons won't work properly.

You can format to ext2/3 in most linux images - definitely in black hole images - we have this option.

darkgentle
28-08-2015, 02:37 AM
thank you @mrdude that was such a breeze I ftp it using the VuCC and everything is working like magic thanks as well to @echelon, @saintomer1866 :respect-039: