PDA

View Full Version : Storing sat positions

finestrat
29-08-2015, 08:32 AM
I've found that the satellite positions I've used for my vbox don't seem to be stored when I do a channel back up. I backed the channel settings onto a usb stick and then opened them with the channel editor to make a few amendments. When I reloaded them back onto the box all the motor settings had gone and I had to re enter them. Luckily I had written all the positions down but still very time consuming.

How do I back up the satellite positions then amend and reload the channels without losing the motor position data.

p.s congratulations to whoever created the channel editor, amazing job which must have taken a massive amount of time.

bnc
29-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi

I have the same problem. Even though the sat position is still stored in the Vbox and selecting the sat number stored in the spiderbox they don't seem to sync up. I think the motor data is not stored when you back up.
It would be nice to have the option to store this as it is a bit of a pain to keep storing the sats each time you edit your channel list.

finestrat
29-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Yes exactly.

Alnwickist
20-10-2015, 09:04 PM
I've found that the satellite positions I've used for my vbox don't seem to be stored when I do a channel back up. I backed the channel settings onto a usb stick and then opened them with the channel editor to make a few amendments. When I reloaded them back onto the box all the motor settings had gone and I had to re enter them. Luckily I had written all the positions down but still very time consuming.

How do I back up the satellite positions then amend and reload the channels without losing the motor position data.

p.s congratulations to whoever created the channel editor, amazing job which must have taken a massive amount of time.

i have just bought a spiderbox 6000 and have the same problem.When I do a back up I lose my stored settings.Is there a solution to this yet??

finestrat
21-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Yes, when you back up, choose all settings (at the top of the menu) then it saves satellite positions, boquets etc

Alnwickist
21-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Yes, when you back up, choose all settings (at the top of the menu) then it saves satellite positions, boquets etc

ok thanks will give it a go